Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I NEED A NEW COMPUTER?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I NEED A NEW COMPUTER?

Does anyone know if i bought a aftermarket computer if it will help fix my a/c and traction control problem out? I tried to hide my wires on the passanger side to make my engine bay look better but my luck those two things have never worked sence then. I was looking at the wires and where they ran to but i noticed that none of the wires i cut were part of the a/c or traction control cause those wires just run straight into the computer. I was wondering maybe i could just buy a new compter and that way it would work again.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josh69brown
Does anyone know if i bought a aftermarket computer if it will help fix my a/c and traction control problem out? I tried to hide my wires on the passanger side to make my engine bay look better but my luck those two things have never worked sence then. I was looking at the wires and where they ran to but i noticed that none of the wires i cut were part of the a/c or traction control cause those wires just run straight into the computer. I was wondering maybe i could just buy a new compter and that way it would work again.

Depending what kind of length you added, that could be the problem. All of the systems with the stock ECM work off of voltage. If you lengthen the wire too far the voltage would drop and not match what the ECM was looking for.