PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding DTCs back that were Removed at Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 05:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding DTCs back that were Removed at Tune?

Hey guys,

Im chasing a fuel in the oil issue and when my car got tuned years back, I asked the tuner to remove some codes to help me pass emissions.

I think I messed up and need a few of those dtc back because they are related to lean and fuel trim codes.

Is there a simple way to for me add those dtcs back as someone who has never did any tuning before and dont own hptuner program? It's a 98 with exhaust and a tune.
Old 07-05-2024, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 570 Likes on 452 Posts

You need the program in order to change anything in your PCM. However, you should be able to figure out your problem without doing that. If the car was running fine and started having issues, normal diagnostics should figure out the problem. First thing I'd do is hook up a fuel pressure gauge to your fuel rail and see where it's at. Then shut the engine off and see if it bleeds down quickly. It should hold pressure pretty well for quite awhile. If the pressure starts dropping immediately, you probably have a leaking injector. You can do a loan a tool for the pressure tester at any big chain auto parts store.
Old 07-05-2024, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ls1Formulation. The injectors dont leak with pressure testing and were pro cleaned and tested as well. I believe the computer is commanding more fuel than it needs. Maybe an exhaust leak around the o2 sensors. Still collecting live data and want to test for leaks on the exhaust.

I would like those codes resurrected tho, they are important and I shouldn't have gotten them removed.

Quick Reply: Adding DTCs back that were Removed at Tune?