PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Have to disconnect battery to start car, odd problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have to disconnect battery to start car, odd problem

I have a 99 Camaro ss, twin turbo lq4, stock PCM with HP tuners 3 bar os, speed density factory style ignition system. The car has been running fine for a while now, I have a ligenfelter lnc 2000 two step on the car, wires into the clutch neutral switch. The car was fine for a while with it installed. Yesterday I increased the delay on pulling timing out and I went to do a two step test and the car hit the target of 3500, popped once and the car shut down. It would crank and attempt to fire and never start. Key off and back on and same thing. I rest the batter kill switch and the car fired up and idled and revved like normal. I drove the car and did a test hit in first gear and the car started to get into boost and around the same 3500rpm target it felt like the car hit the two step and again popped once and shut the car off. Same exact symptoms of the car would crank but not fire and have to reset the battery kill switch to start the car and drove it home like a grandma but drove fine
​​​​
Old 08-30-2024, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

when it won't start, check for DTC's.
Also, when it won't start, are you getting an RPM signal in HPTuners?
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (08-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Have to disconnect battery to start car, odd problem