PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Bogs & Sometimes Dies When Coming to a Stop

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bogs & Sometimes Dies When Coming to a Stop

I have a DBW LM7 swapped into my '66 Skylark and had the PCM tuned remotely. After a number of tries and sending logs back and forth it's running pretty well. When I first tried the final/current tune the car would idle in and our of gear fine, but bog as I coasted to a stop in gear and die sometimes. I did an idle re-learn and it seemed to improve (still bogged a little but stopped dying).
The car sat for two weeks and when I went to leave home it started doing it again, which I thought was strange. I had not done anything to the car or disconnected the battery.
I did another idle relearn and it got better but still bogs and sometimes sounds like it's going to die as I coast to a stop.

I took a quick log just going back and forth in the long part of the driveway in drive and reverse before the latest relearn, which I've attached. I've also attached my tune.
I've read a couple of posts about an idle table that sometimes needs to be put back to stock but I'm a complete HPT newb and haven't done anything except upload tunes and data log.
Any help is appreciated. Runs great just not super confidence-inspiring to wonder if it will die at any given stop sign.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Skylark Bog Test 9.1.24.hpl (777.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: hpt
9481 MOT8.hpt (298.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by uwjberg; 09-02-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Bogs & Sometimes Dies When Coming to a Stop