Sponsored by:

IFR scaling on PE vs. RPM tables too?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
Ya know, I just realized something.
I've been doing a lot of reading about open loop in WOT, and I don't think I have one recorded WOT pass in open loop!! EVERYTHING i have is in closed loop. Even if the Throttle position is only at 91%-99.6% or 100.0% Time to do some investigating...
I don't understand your discovery.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Chris,
When I swapped out my TR224 for the F13, I added SVO 30's at the same time. I previously dyno tuned it to 12.8:1 AFR with the TR224. I scaled ONLY the IFR table by 26% after the injector/cam swap. My LTRIMs are in the 0 to -5 range now, and the AFR on the dyno was still at 12.8:1. Never touched the PEvsRPM table.

According to NoGo and others, the PEvsRPM is only a multiplier and you only need to change it when scaling the IFR to trick the computer into thinking you have smaller/larger injectors when you really don't. If scaling it to account for swapping larger injectors, then you shouldn't have to touch it. Don't know why you needed to on yours???

Craig
I think when it was previously tuned they had to really lean it out (PE vs RPM) when the scaling was off. (Had an exhaust leak at the collectors so it wasnt the tuners fault)

I am not sure why it happened but it did

I am going to buy a wideband soon and put it after the merge on my Ypipe and see how things look during part throttle and WOT on the street

I'll report back soon with the findings.

BTW say the VE is too lean and part throttle is running lean. Will that eventually learn itself out through LTRIM changes?

Old 08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 385
I think when it was previously tuned they had to really lean it out (PE vs RPM) when the scaling was off. (Had an exhaust leak at the collectors so it wasnt the tuners fault)

I am not sure why it happened but it did

I am going to buy a wideband soon and put it after the merge on my Ypipe and see how things look during part throttle and WOT on the street

I'll report back soon with the findings.

BTW say the VE is too lean and part throttle is running lean. Will that eventually learn itself out through LTRIM changes?

Yeah...good question. I am seeing that the VE does learn out. It doesn't make a lot of sense.