PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone edit my LS1edit a4 file to m6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can someone edit my LS1edit a4 file to m6?

I have completed a trans conversion from A4 to M6 in my 1999 Z28. Can anyone edit my current flash file and make my PCM a 6speed PCM? Thanks guys.

Matt
Old 08-27-2004, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

You need to have the dealer flash you PCM, I just did the same thing with a '99 unit. I use LS1-Edit and it can't be done with that software, perhaps another type of software, but the dealer is your best option I believe.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was gunna do it for them, but they annoyed me...
Old 08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wait4me
i was gunna do it for them, but they annoyed me...
You are a dick. Nobody ever questioned your work. You did not answer the question posed in your original post. I feel really bad now... you're not "gunna" do it. Boohoo. You are the LS1 god and I feel ashamed that I missed my promising chance to let you edit my file. Hell, will you come down and autograph the PCM too? I hear your signature is worth millions. Get a life dude.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know a guy that would probably at least give you a few pointers about it, if not walk you through it all. Check your PM's.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was only playing, anyways, i sent your file to that email addy, also to get all the electronics to work on the tranny, you need to do the following.

under the car, the grey wire in the harness that hooked up the the auto needs to be connected to one side of the plug for the skip shift soloniod, the other end goes to a vehicle ground. the pin number on the computer is 79 in the blue connector.

the reverse lockout soloniod needs to do this, first you need to connect the one side to a vehicle ground. then you need to take the yellow/black wire and connect it to the other end of the lockout soloniod, then, you need to pull out the red harness on your computer and switch one wire into another location, its really simple to do, what you are moving is the yellow/black wire on the pin number 47 over to pin number 44 and reassemble and your done,

now if you want your reverse tail lights to work you need to take the two middle wires in the harness that was attached to the stock a4 shifter assembly and run both of those to the reverse switch on the side of the tranny.

if you want your cruise control to work you have to use the clutch anticipation switch, it is the 4 wire plug switch attached to your clutch petal. you should have the OTHER 2 wire switch "black push button" on the petal going to the top two wires on that shifter harness,
ok the 4 wires are as follows, looking at it from right to left and the button is away from you, one wire goes to pin 32 of the BLUE harness you need to dissasemble that harness and take the light green wire from the red harness pin 48 and move it over to the pin 32, you can cut that wire that you just moved, and then run that new wire over to the 4plug switch.
and the other plug input is just a vehicle ground. test to make sure you have the right terminals on the switch by making sure it makes a connection when the button is not pushed in, and pulses when pressed in and out. as for the other two they are to complete the switch for the cruise control and is supposed to shut off cruise if you press the brake petal or clutch petal.. all you need to do is. cut the pink wire on the brake petal, and conect that to the one end of the 4pin switch, then you take a peice of wire and connect the other pin on the switch to the wire that you just cut on the brake switch, and poof.. a completly stock acting system with everything working like it should..

i can give instructions also for what needs to be done to make an m6 into an auto also.