PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset PCM before warranty - Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Reset PCM before warranty - Possible??

Hi,

I was wondering if, after modifying the PCM with LS1edit, HP Tuner or EFILive, it could be reset in such a way as to not alert the dealership prior to taking the vehicle in for warranty service. So in other words, when these tools are used to reset one’s PCM, do they reset EVERYTHING? Is there any hidden non-volatile RAM that counts the number of times the vehicle has been flashed? Or anything like that?

I searched around and have not found a direct answer to this.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reset or reflash? reset is just pulling the PCM fuses so it clears the codes and everything... what do you need to reflash for warranty work? Only thing I could think of would be codes turned off ?

Only time I could see a modified PCM being a problem is if it's locked so that they can't reflash it w/their Tech II (in which case neither can edit, Hpt, etc.)
Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason is my z28 is going back for a new engine soon, and I dont want them to have any reason to screw me. And yes I am speaking of re-flashing.....If done is there any way to detect that it has ever been flashed. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope AFAIK shouldn't be a way for them to tell it's been flashed... at least not w/the tools they'll have access to