Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Explain this to me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explain this to me...

With the car off but the key in the ON position the left bank O2 sensor reads 447 or so, the right bank reads 650 or so. Now If I remove my O2 extension on the right bank and hook up another O2 sensor that I have with elongated wires to reach (LT headers) then do the same the left bank reads 447 and the right bank reads 420-440 or so.... Yes I have tried a few other O2's through that extension and they come up with the same thing so this tells me my O2 extension is hosed but how?? I did hook up a wire coming off of the purple wire in order for my AF gauge to work but I wouldn't think that would cause this problem. I did snip that wire so it wasn't hooked up and same thing. Any idea's as to what would cause this?

-Sly
Old 09-06-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE: It appears that when ANY O2 sensor is not threaded inside the header but hooked up to the electrican connector the readings are fine. As soon as you install the O2 sensor in the header the readings jump up on the right side. Are there any ground wires that need to be checked. The ones on the back of the drivers side head are fine, and I have the passenger side ground hooked up to one of the motor mount bolts on that side. I could be wrong on where the passenger side ground wire is hooked up, I recently installed the engine (6.0L) and thought that was where it went. Any idea's?

-Sly
Old 09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

This is Senor 1, Bank 2 hope it helps? Don't know if you can see the ground or not

Last edited by Lady Redhawk; 09-06-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Every time I come to this page, the picture I posted changed to something else. That is the about the strangest thing I have ever seen!! I will try to PM you with the diagram I am not sure what you are seeing.