PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risk of Removing Codes P1133/1153 With Edit

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can turn them off. I don't have tuners so I really can't help, but I do know its possible.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very interesting

I also installed the Vette sensors, went 140 miles with no codes, and my 1133 also came back on the following morning 5 mins after start up. I was cold as hell that morning, if the air pump only comes on at start up, this would be good evidence that it's the culprit and should be capped off. I hooked up my scanner and drove to and from work monitoring the 02's, they were both switching fine, yet the light was still on. A logical deduction would be that starting the car on a cold morning with the air pump dumping raw 02 into the engine was too much for the sensor to heat up and it kicked out a code. Minutes later when it was hot enough, the sensor started working fine but of course the light would remain on since there was an intermitent problem. What are your thought's on this? By the way, have any of you with this problem capped your air pumps?
Old 11-11-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

i have been running off for a year, the logs show nominal activity on the o2's nothing different, all readiness bits ok. I figured it was the o2 extender cable since i only had one side doing it randomly. I keep an eye on the warmup pattern and closed loop of both now and then, dont see anything really different between each side so i guess it may be a picky ecu issue.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by armyadarkness
A logical deduction would be that starting the car on a cold morning with the air pump dumping raw 02 into the engine was too much for the sensor to heat up and it kicked out a code. Minutes later when it was hot enough, the sensor started working fine but of course the light would remain on since there was an intermitent problem. What are your thought's on this? By the way, have any of you with this problem capped your air pumps?
That's a good thought and would think that could be an answer. Problem is, we have removed the air pump hoses and disabled it with LS1Edit. The codes would still come back. Codes P1133 & P1153 have now been disabled for quite some time now with no ill effects.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Default Next deduction in the logic chain

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
That's a good thought and would think that could be an answer. Problem is, we have removed the air pump hoses and disabled it with LS1Edit. The codes would still come back. Codes P1133 & P1153 have now been disabled for quite some time now with no ill effects.
I wonder what the line amps are on the 02 heater wire, anybody know? The Vette 02's were supposed to be a fix because they had higher wattage, but if the power supply was low, I would have liked trying to increase that first. I wouldnt mind turning off the codes since I monitor my 02's daily anyway and would see if they werent switching. A few days ago I asked about lap top interfaces but I didnt get many responses (1). What are some, which is the best, and whats the cost factor?

View my thread here to see where I'm at
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/236832-holy-codes-batman-story-magnificent-proportions.html

Quick Reply: Risk of Removing Codes P1133/1153 With Edit