Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 pcm in 99 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 pcm in 99 Truck

My Truck-1999 Step Side, 5.3 auto with 02 pcm tuned.
current problems: flashing battery light in message center, "Generator f terminal dtc"

After looking at my wiring schematics between the 02 PCM and the 99PCM, The differance I found is;
1) 2002, It looks like the C2 (Red) circuit #23, pin# 52 is supposed to have a grey wire that goes to the alternator for the "generator filed duty cycle signal"?
2) the 99 has a blank pin #52
I'm not sure how the 99 accomplishes this because it doesn't have the grey wire out of the alternator. Only 1 brown one. Does the duty cylce not exist on the 99? The 52 pin circuit 23 is empty on the 99 pcm. The brown wire is the same out of both alternators.

The 145 amp alternator wasn't an option during the 99 year so i'll have to see if not having a duty cycle signal is going to create problems when I add a 145 amp alt.

Either I try to add the wire to the 02 pcm and harness or is there a way to delete the terminal form the 02 pcm?

If Wrecked 99-02 trucks existed up here I would buy a whole new harness. But I have very little resources.

All because of False Knock

throwing this out in this forum as well, Thanks guys
Old 10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt.

update**

Well thanks to Allen I got a pcm clip and finally added the wire to terminal 52.
I ran it up to the alternator and now I'm only waiting for a new plug (02 plug on order) to plug in the alternator. The 99 doen't have a slot for it so I can't just add the wire to it.

If that doesn't cure it there may be a missing wire in the alternator itself. i tried taking the black plastic off the back but couldn't see if there was two wires or not. I ordered a GM 145a alt because I needed one anyway so that may have the upgraded wiring.
The next step after that is scaning the nelson pcm and picking up the vin and ordering a 02 bcm. the dealer is going to have to flash the new bcm with the vin from my 02 pcm.

Should know in the next few days when the plug comes in.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:05 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Any updates?