PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM-1 O2 sensor lasting 2 months ! WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Where did you get your sensor for $37? I'm scared that if I go to the VW dealer they will totaly gouge me.
FWIW I got one at a VW dealer... and it was under 60 including tax... I'm going to order a few more online for cheaper... but a VW dealer isn't that bad in a crunch
Old 10-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
well, that sucks

i was all about to buy a LM1 or 2.

Maybe the FJO dual setup is the way to go, hope its a little better durability, with the $165 each sensor.
www.zeitronix.com

I have one of these and it is AWESOME.. comes with logging software, etc. You can put a boost sensor (I have a boosted Z06), EGT, RPM, TPS... even has an output for the wideband sensor to convert it to a 0-1V signal to feed it to your stock computer to log with if you wanted to.

VERY NICE SETUP.. base is $299 and screen and all of the sensors I have about $600 in it including shipping.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
any pics yet?
Thanks
dave
Here's where I bought the sensor. Part # 021906262B
https://www.1stvwparts.com/part_number.html

Here is where I got the part# from: http://wbo2.com/lsu/default.htm
It is listed for $38.29 + shipping

I will get them pic's up in a few, forgot about it

Last edited by Flyin'Brian; 11-01-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Here ya go:

Old 11-02-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEN3Typhoon
www.zeitronix.com

I have one of these and it is AWESOME.. comes with logging software, etc. You can put a boost sensor (I have a boosted Z06), EGT, RPM, TPS... even has an output for the wideband sensor to convert it to a 0-1V signal to feed it to your stock computer to log with if you wanted to.

VERY NICE SETUP.. base is $299 and screen and all of the sensors I have about $600 in it including shipping.

Hope that helps.
Not to hijack the thread, but I have that same setup. According to the website it is a 0-5v output, but then it has a graph ranging from 0-3.5v. I don't know what the correct output is. I have another thread posted inregards to this issue.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
any pics yet?
Thanks
dave
At the shop I used to work at, we had Dan White's WB box that we used for tuning. Every now and then the sensor would become clogged with carbon and would stop working at low engine temps and with rich mixtures (the ones you get when you are first firing up a new EFI motor)
We were able to rescue them with WOT runs, and also by passing a propane torch (don't use anything else, like acetylene or MAP gas too hot) over the part that goes in the pipe. You can sometimes burn the carbon off enough to be able to use the sensor again.