Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners Upgrade Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question HP Tuners Upgrade Question?

I have tried to down load 1.5 but it says invalid user.I have my name and password to the board so why wont it take?Also what is the reason for the 75.00 upgrade for the IO interface?Is it so we can tune with wide band?I dunno Thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Mouse
I have tried to down load 1.5 but it says invalid user.I have my name and password to the board so why wont it take?Also what is the reason for the 75.00 upgrade for the IO interface?Is it so we can tune with wide band?I dunno Thanks
It's not the same user name and password as the forum. Your username is your complete cable ID or customer number like 00000B87Z. If you go into HP Tuners and go to "About" I think, it will give you you're complete ID. It should have the same characters at the end that are on your cable.

Your password is your email address. (Or it at least it was for me).

The new IO interface will let you hook up a wideband so you can log that data in addition to everything else. You could also hook up other sensors as well, such as EGT or something.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

The 75 dollar upgrade for the I/O Interface is so you have outputs and inputs built into the cable (can be used for a variety of things... Inputs can take inputs from any sensor that uses under 5 volts... fuel pressure w/diode to restrict voltage maybe, 3 bar map input maybe, wideband O2 sensor , etc... outputs can be used to do whatever you want ... RPM Switch, Shift Light, etc... come to mind... you can basically send a ground signal to a relay at whatever values you want )

As for logging onto their site... prolly best to ask this either on hptuners.com or email support@hptuners.com
Old 10-31-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey thanks for I the Helpful info,I better get one too!I plan on wide band o2's next spring
Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Mouse
Hey thanks for I the Helpful info,I better get one too!I plan on wide band o2's next spring

Just keep in mind the 75 dollar "existing customer" price is only valid till the 12th I think (don't quote me on that... but it's somewhere around then) ... for the added abilities you get... 75 bux is a STEAL.. a window switch alone is over 100 bux, plus you have to buy Pills for it... the new HPT I/O cable ... w/a laptop can do that and much much more heh

Quick Reply: HP Tuners Upgrade Question?