Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has sold their LS1-Edit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Who has sold their LS1-Edit?

I'm considering it because HPT 1.5 will be here tomorrow ...but looking at an old mailing list post from Ken Kelly...

If you purchase a copy of LS1-edit from someone else, here are the costs:

1) $50 transfer fee to move the license from the original customer to you

If you get the PCM and software with it, that is all you would have to do.

If you don't have that PCM, then you would have to add another PCM to the Package that would be:

2) $150 for the new license
3) $50 for shipping and handling (you have to return the interface to us for upgrading)
4) if the initial order is over 6 months old (or if the update service was purchased more than 12 months ago) then you would need the update service ($100).

Ken
Why would anyone buy a used LS1-Edit unless they could get the matching PCM? If you get the matching PCM, it costs only $50. If you don't then it's $350. MUST you buy the update service if the used LS1-Edit doesn't have current update coverage?

Retail is $550, but you get a $100 credit for filling out a questionnaire (conveniently timed with the original release of HPT, btw). So it's only a $100 difference between new and used.

Else I guess the seller could purchase a replacement PCM loaded with the stock tune. But what's the going rate for a new PCM, and how does that scenario affect the VIN in the PCM's?

What a licensing scam!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will agree totally on this.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my ls1 edit copy stil hasn't sold ... but mostly cause I just don't feel right pushing a crappy product

I'm selling my ls1 edit and PCM .. but honestly I can't say anything about it being the best or good ...

I don't trust Ebay ( or rather the buyers .... if I can't meat you, i dn't strust you)
Old 11-04-2004, 06:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine sold but i had to let it go for 200.00
Old 11-04-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I sold mine for $75 and swapped 2 PCMs with the person so they could use the cable as-is.

Why anyone would ever buy their product (new) now that HP Tuners is out is far beyond me. As far as I'm concerned, Carputing bent their customers over and didn't even bother to use any Vaseline.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Windy City
I sold mine for $75 and swapped 2 PCMs with the person so they could use the cable as-is.

Why anyone would ever buy their product (new) now that HP Tuners is out is far beyond me. As far as I'm concerned, Carputing bent their customers over and didn't even bother to use any Vaseline.

with an 18"*10" ***** at that