Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners lean-burn function

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 578 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
Thats pretty weird. I have had sensors go bad over the years, especially after tuning on rich conditions, since it gums them up faster it seems. When they start getting weird like that without explanation I swap the sensor out. I always have at least 2 laying around. They go for about $80-100 or so, but worth the peace of mind. They don’t last forever, especially after mods.

I ordered new sensors just now. I’ll try that.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 578 Likes on 448 Posts

I just tried it on the way home from work. I’m using all the stock Holden settings except:
I lowered mph
i lowered the time it takes to activate.

so it will activate and work correctly until I get on it or even moderately get on the throttle. Then the afr will drop in the 12’s and work it’s way back up to 13:1 and stay there UNLESS I blip the throttle. WTH.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 478 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
I just tried it on the way home from work. I’m using all the stock Holden settings except:
I lowered mph
i lowered the time it takes to activate.

so it will activate and work correctly until I get on it or even moderately get on the throttle. Then the afr will drop in the 12’s and work it’s way back up to 13:1 and stay there UNLESS I blip the throttle. WTH.
Even with lean cruise enabled, the factory pcm does regular "sanity checks" by dropping back to stoich. If you have skewed ANY of your fuel or air tables to make up for something like a maxed out MAF or incorrect fuel delivery, then tables you have no way of modifying will do things you have no way to control. The factory computers still have tons of functionality that HPT and EFI do not allow us to access.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners lean-burn function