PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Help with P1518

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004 | 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Question Help with P1518

Hey guy, I posted this in the truck section but didn't get anything, so I'll try here.

I did a motor swap about a month and a half ago. My truck ran fine for about a month and then all of a sudden threw a p1518 code "loss of data or invalid data between the PCM and the Thottle Actuator Control" (TAC) and a "reduced engine power" on the message display. When the reduced engine power message comes on the truck will only rev to about 1,000 rpms and runs rough. It's been getting worse lately as well, today it threw the ****** 15 times or more every two miles or so. All I have to do to get rid of the "reduced engine power" is shut the truck off for about 5 seconds or more and restart it, and then it will be fine for a very short amount of time. Anyway, I've checked the throttle body connection and it seems perfectly fine. Another weird thing is that the code will show up randomly. Lately it's been weird, it will go for 50 miles one day without throwing it, then the next day it will throw it every two miles. Can you guys help me figure out what it is? I took it into the dealer so hopefully they can figure something out. I was thinking that maybe the pcm needed to be reflashed? Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Help with P1518