PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surging and bucking at low rpm and load.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
Forums are terrific!
I wasn't trying to be humble...I was stating the facts!
Figuring out the IAC and RAF tables was very significant - I also remember when you persisted, on the Edit list, about IAC applying to ETC/ Vettes.

I'm just trying to give credit where credit is due. .................
I had forgotten those prehistoric days. Seems so long ago.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P Mack
I thought we determined that the IAC wasn't causing the bucking problems. Another User said with the IAC locked it didn't make any difference. If that's the case, the RAF table would have no effect.
Bingo! This is why I have been keeping a discrete silence here. All you have to do is unplug the IAC and you will see that RAF has nothing to do with the bucking. The IAC can't even react that fast. The secret is to scale down the VE the right amount in the rpm range you get the bucking . . . in my case, that is all rpm's from 2000 and down! A call to TSP today verified what I had suspected. I've improved mine a lot my tuning the VE, now just a little more, but not too much, and it will be perfect!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

For some reason, the whole concept of tuning the idle has been kicking my ***. SO, if yall don't mind, I'd like to throw a few more questions out here.

Originally Posted by ArKay99
3: In the Data tab select Desired IAC Air Flow (Grams/s)
After reading, re-reading, and re-reading Gojo's post, should we have the Desiac_B or sae.MAF g/s parameter in the data field of the MAP?

If and when I can get the IAF table dialed in, how do I go about dialing in the IAFP table? I understand IAFP this is based on IAT, and directly effects the desiac_b, but what I'm wanting to know is, is this strictly a SOP adjustment or can I match it to logged data?

Gojo - thanks for all your help on the other board. I've been trying like hell to get this to work, but like I said, the idle transition tuning concept is flat kicking my ***!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TA,
Good question. I like to use MAF g/s for Idle Airflow values. You can also use Dynair. When you are matching Desiac to MAF values you raise or lower IAPark. If Desiac is logging lower than MAF g/s, raise IAPark values. How much? That's the good question. I do 1 to 1 and then SOP.
We are working with averages when logging so it usually requires some tweaking.
I've noticed that the closer to correct the tune gets the more affect small changes have.
The IAPark table temps show as 0-20-40-60 etc. At times, when tweaking, you may raise a value and lower the next temp value. Ex.raise 0 and lower 20 which creates a midpoint between temps that is different than just raising at one temp level. That make sense?
Hope I did not answer more than you wanted I wanted to be sure to answer the right question.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gojo
I had forgotten those prehistoric days. Seems so long ago.

Quick Reply: Surging and bucking at low rpm and load.