PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could be a stupid MTI Air Lid question but......

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Could be a stupid MTI Air Lid question but......

Could the rubber gasket that goes around the Air Box Lid connecting the Lid to the plastic housing actually be the Air Leak giving me the codes PO171 & PO174? It only happens when I have the SLP MAF & Bellow installed, not when I have stock MAF & bellow. The MTI Lid stays on the car all of the time. I noticed the cheesey rubber gasket's double sided tape screwed up and wonder if a slight improper setting of the Lid could cause the SLP MAF to send the code or not.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
Could the rubber gasket that goes around the Air Box Lid connecting the Lid to the plastic housing actually be the Air Leak giving me the codes PO171 & PO174? It only happens when I have the SLP MAF & Bellow installed, not when I have stock MAF & bellow. The MTI Lid stays on the car all of the time. I noticed the cheesey rubber gasket's double sided tape screwed up and wonder if a slight improper setting of the Lid could cause the SLP MAF to send the code or not.

As long as it is not leaking after the MAF you are ok.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Nope. That's before the MAF, those codes are due to unmetered air, meaning after MAF. I would look for a leak around the AIR tubes, the EGR, and possibly the headers.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by felton316
Nope. That's before the MAF, those codes are due to unmetered air, meaning after MAF. I would look for a leak around the AIR tubes, the EGR, and possibly the headers.

It also doesn't take much of a leak to really throw the O2 readings off. I had a band clamp leak on the passenger side header connecting to the y-pipe. It was making my right bank (LTFT) +10 higher than my left. It didn't make any noticable ticking sounds either when it was leaking.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like it's the bellows, since the codes indicate post MAF air.