Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners Questions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners Questions....

1) for X-Edit users (or total news to tuning), is it way easier to dial in a cam, like the whole IAC settings, etc???

2) is it easier to setup SD tuning than Edit?

3) using the EIO, will it read the signal from my LM-1 WB Sensor? And does it read the Dynojet WBC?

4) currently I tuned my car with Edit (what a PITA)...Do I need to reflash the PCM before reading it with HPT or can I just read the values in it, and make the necessary adjustments from current tune?

5) are there as many connectivity issues as Edit has? Those not knowing, it seems Edit decides whether or not it wants to connect based off its current mood!

6) This is locked to the model year, but can be used on two different models, as in I have a 2000 Camaro but I could also use it on a 2000 Y body, or truck?

I need to get my own tuning software and HPT has been at the top of the list for some time, especially since it has the scanner. I am shared on a LS1 Edit cable, which for some LS1Edit reason, it doesnt want to recognize my car suddenly, hey the VIN is still there though *Ughhh* and I will soon be moving away from other cable owners so any help making this decision easier is greatly appreciated.

Charlie
Old 12-16-2004, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CAT3
1) for X-Edit users (or total news to tuning), is it way easier to dial in a cam, like the whole IAC settings, etc???

3) using the EIO, will it read the signal from my LM-1 WB Sensor? And does it read the Dynojet WBC?

4) currently I tuned my car with Edit (what a PITA)...Do I need to reflash the PCM before reading it with HPT or can I just read the values in it, and make the necessary adjustments from current tune?

5) are there as many connectivity issues as Edit has? Those not knowing, it seems Edit decides whether or not it wants to connect based off its current mood!

6) This is locked to the model year, but can be used on two different models, as in I have a 2000 Camaro but I could also use it on a 2000 Y body, or truck?

I need to get my own tuning software and HPT has been at the top of the list for some time, especially since it has the scanner. I am shared on a LS1 Edit cable, which for some LS1Edit reason, it doesnt want to recognize my car suddenly, hey the VIN is still there though *Ughhh* and I will soon be moving away from other cable owners so any help making this decision easier is greatly appreciated.

Charlie
GET HP AND NEVER LOOK BACK
Old 12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAT3

Charlie
1. not sure but probably not much easier
2. not sure but probably not much easier
3. yes, yes
4. you should be able to just read the file thats in there and edit it via hptuners with no problem
5. I've never had a connectivity problem
6. yes and no you can only read/write the same model year vehicle ie 00 v8 fbody...youd need to buy another license for another year truck.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

see here for 2)

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.p...num=1103007382

Chris...
Old 12-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Restricted User

Chris....thanks, I am sold on it! Will be ordering in a few weeks.