PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo predator. Trans Shift Points?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo predator. Trans Shift Points?

I am sure someone has brought this up before, however i am really crunched for time here @ work. Could someone give me opinions on how i should reprogram the shift points .. MPH and RPM... Keep in mind this is an everyday driver, and i put atleast 120 miles/day on the car.
If someone has reprogramed their A4, what did u program it to?
Also if there is a thread already started on this can someone please attach the link.
thanks guys/gals.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

What is wrong with the shift points in the performance tune that comes with it? Unless you have changed your converter or cam. Then it's just trial and error, but thats the fun part, learning and making it run better.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing is worng with it really...... Maybe im just wondering about the shift firmness.... Any Idea on what a good firmness is?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The shift pressure and the time between shifts is something I think can be improved on. I know you can't expect to get full pressure in the quickest shift, not enough time to build the pressure. You just have to experiment. I can't remember right now where I set mine but both pressure and time are somewhere between 5% and 10%. You know like -5% shift time and +8% pressure. Good luck I improved my 2-3 and 3-4 shifts to the same setting and the 1-2 shift different.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

set the rev limiter to 6200.

for shift points, place your A4 in "1". Then take it up to redline (6000rpm) and note the MPH. Set your 1-2 shift 2mph below the redline noted figure.

Then place your A4 in "2" and take it up to redline (6000) noting the MPH. Set your 2-3 shift point 2mph below the redline noted figure.

And if you're brave enough... do it in "3"

It's not perfect, but will get you very close to the ideal WOT shift points.