PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

I'm stopping all Tuning on HPTuners till I get WB. Any suggestions on which WB?PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005 | 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Without the "kit" the wide band will not calibrate. Meaning that the sensor will not last long and it wont be accurate. I like my dynojet wideband commander a lot. Even comes with a guage
I've seen the link and pictures for the LM1 but I haven't seen the dynojet one yet. I'd like to see it.
Old 01-30-2005 | 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

http://www.widebandcommander.com/
Old 01-31-2005 | 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Wow that kit is 529 versus LM1's 350.
Old 01-31-2005 | 08:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

with the enhanced version of hptuners i would just get either the plx or lm1 as they are both inexpensive and come with all you'll need.
Old 01-31-2005 | 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
with the enhanced version of hptuners i would just get either the plx or lm1 as they are both inexpensive and come with all you'll need.
Yeah I'll probably end up with an LM1.. I might have over extended myself this payperiod since I have all these unexpected medical bills. I'll keep you guys uptodate on how it all goes.
Old 01-31-2005 | 08:11 PM
Launching!

For $400 I'm getting this one because its priced right and the small display will be easy to mount in the interior for constant monitoring.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/wideband.htm
Old 01-31-2005 | 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by D3IMOS
Yeah I'll probably end up with an LM1.. I might have over extended myself this payperiod since I have all these unexpected medical bills. I'll keep you guys uptodate on how it all goes.

D2IMOS,

While the wide band sensor is a wise choice for WOT and blown applications there are still a lot of other things you can tune without one.

You can still use the histogram in the scanner to tune part throttle closed loop. Just stay out of power enrich. The histogram employs a copy/paste function to take the VCM's learned fuel corrections and apply them to the VE table. I prefer to disable the LTFT (long term fuel) and just use the STFT histogram to get the VE table corrections.

In your case, I would verify that everything is correct. Seeing as you changed the fuel pump, it might be a good time to verify the fuel pressure.
If the pressure is incorrect it will change your injector flow rate and throw your calibration off.

If you have changed the MAF sensor or modified the ductwork to the MAF, you may want to disconnect it and run in speed density mode. This way you will be assured that the values on your VE table are correct and are not being skewed by faulty MAF airflow readings. Then you can tune the MAF table last.

Take a look in the VCM Suite help section on how to do the things I just mentioned. There is a wealth of tuning information on this and our forum.

Ken
Old 02-01-2005 | 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

See I was tryin to tell people it's still possible to fix the daily driving aspect but eveyrone was insisting I have to have wide band. I recently replaced the maf with an untouched stock AC Delco replacement. So that issue should be corrected. I also reset the ltrim learn when I replaced it.

I've been trying to figure out the histogram and I read the help files but I'm sitll pretty lost. I'm going to have to register on your forum as well and see if I can start comprehending this better.

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
D2IMOS,

While the wide band sensor is a wise choice for WOT and blown applications there are still a lot of other things you can tune without one.

You can still use the histogram in the scanner to tune part throttle closed loop. Just stay out of power enrich. The histogram employs a copy/paste function to take the VCM's learned fuel corrections and apply them to the VE table. I prefer to disable the LTFT (long term fuel) and just use the STFT histogram to get the VE table corrections.

In your case, I would verify that everything is correct. Seeing as you changed the fuel pump, it might be a good time to verify the fuel pressure.
If the pressure is incorrect it will change your injector flow rate and throw your calibration off.

If you have changed the MAF sensor or modified the ductwork to the MAF, you may want to disconnect it and run in speed density mode. This way you will be assured that the values on your VE table are correct and are not being skewed by faulty MAF airflow readings. Then you can tune the MAF table last.

Take a look in the VCM Suite help section on how to do the things I just mentioned. There is a wealth of tuning information on this and our forum.

Ken
Old 02-01-2005 | 09:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by D3IMOS
See I was tryin to tell people it's still possible to fix the daily driving aspect but eveyrone was insisting I have to have wide band. I recently replaced the maf with an untouched stock AC Delco replacement. So that issue should be corrected. I also reset the ltrim learn when I replaced it.

I've been trying to figure out the histogram and I read the help files but I'm sitll pretty lost. I'm going to have to register on your forum as well and see if I can start comprehending this better.
actually your initial post was all about wot and that you were running rich at wot because you saw black smoke coming out of your tail pipes and because you had thrown in a new fuel pump you just thought you were running rich so we all basically said get a w/b before you go adjusting anything at wot if your not sure of whats going on...i had assumed at first that with a 383 you wouldve upgraded your injectors and maybe didnt adjust your ifr table but once i found out you had the stock injectors i was less worried about your idle part throttle tuning considering for the most part the computer can compensate for it...yes you can do part throttle tuning for the time being, and if you need any help like i stated earlier im always online after 6pm or so and as long as im not helping 10 other people at the same time I can usually make time for anyone that needs basic help.

lata
Bill
Old 02-01-2005 | 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
actually your initial post was all about wot and that you were running rich at wot because you saw black smoke coming out of your tail pipes and because you had thrown in a new fuel pump you just thought you were running rich so we all basically said get a w/b before you go adjusting anything at wot if your not sure of whats going on...i had assumed at first that with a 383 you wouldve upgraded your injectors and maybe didnt adjust your ifr table but once i found out you had the stock injectors i was less worried about your idle part throttle tuning considering for the most part the computer can compensate for it...yes you can do part throttle tuning for the time being, and if you need any help like i stated earlier im always online after 6pm or so and as long as im not helping 10 other people at the same time I can usually make time for anyone that needs basic help.

lata
Bill
Thanks bill. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: I'm stopping all Tuning on HPTuners till I get WB. Any suggestions on which WB?PLEASE