Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edit Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edit Question

I asked this question in the truck section the other day with no help. My problem is the speed limiter. I am topping out at 107mph. I have it set in edit for 150mph, up from the 120mph a few days ago. I logged this today with efilive nothing alarming(revlimiter etc). Any indeas?

OLD POST:

Today I hit the speed limiter three times on my truck, all three were at 105ish not the 120 that I have set in my tune. Is there anther table that I'm missing? This is how I set my top speed limiter.

Edit-Speedometer-SpeedLimiters- speedlimit 120
electronic throttle 101
speedlimit2 120
hysteresis 2
max mph / second change 20

04 silverado 5.3
Old 02-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Change the electronic throttle to 123. That should cure the problem. Where in the hell are you driving a truck 105 miles per hour three times in one day and not getting a ticket? I wouldn't have that kind of luck.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dfe1
Change the electronic throttle to 123. That should cure the problem. Where in the hell are you driving a truck 105 miles per hour three times in one day and not getting a ticket? I wouldn't have that kind of luck.

Over the San Jacinto river bridge on new 90. Two lanes with no sholders, stright as an arrow, with no place for the cops to hide.

Thanks for the tip. Why would throttle position limit the top speed?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
Over the San Jacinto river bridge on new 90. Two lanes with no sholders, stright as an arrow, with no place for the cops to hide.

Thanks for the tip. Why would throttle position limit the top speed?
I'm guessing 04 trucks are fly by wire... so there are 2 rev limiters... the standard one you found, and an electronic throttle limiter that was mentioned
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Teching In

GM trucks have been drive-by-wire since 2002 that I know of (possibly 2001, but I can't say for sure). As you might expect, there are several safety considerations relative to drive-by-wire system or component failures. ETC mph is one of those. However, it doesn't appear to be used on Corvettes as all the limiters in many cals are set to 256.