Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm-1 To Hp Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lm-1 To Hp Tuners?

Guys, I just purchased HP Tuners w/IO and pig tails. I did a search to find this answer and didn't find it. I'm sure I missed it but I did give it a shot. If this has already been covered, I'm sorry

Now I was looking at purchasing the LM1 from innovative and I know you have to have a "controller" to send the voltage scale to HP. Or at least I believe I read that correctly on the HP Tuners site. Does this mean when I order the lm1 that I need to get it with the Aux-Box for it to interface with HPT. Again, sorry if this has been answered and any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, just need the LM-1 kit ... it can output via 2 analog outs that you program (comes w/serial cable and software) ... just configure it for 0 volt = 10AFR and 5v = 20AFR and you're set
Old 02-11-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=horist]nope, just need the LM-1 kit ... it can output via 2 analog outs that you program (comes w/serial cable and software) ... just configure it for 0 volt = 10AFR and 5v = 20AFR and you're set[/QUOTE

So, when you say it has analog outs does this mean the data is transferred through the supplied serial cable? Or do you use the serial cable to just program the LM1 unit. The reason I ask is that I thought it was suppose to interface with the IO that comes with hp tuner and not directly into the laptop. Not that this really has anything to do with what were talking about but I will be using a USB TO SERIAL adapter for the hp. Anyway, I'm sorry for sounding like an idiot, just not sure how this thing physically connects to hp. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Serial cable plugs into LM1 for you to program it (has nothing to do w/logging but the LM-1 is customizable so you need to configure it)

Seperate cable provides analog output voltage per however you configure in software (easy to use software)

The instructions tell you which wire is which (it uses a stereo plug to plug into the LM1), you plug the analog out cable (included) into the LM-1, and attach the other end to your pig tails on the cable and you're done
Old 02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
Serial cable plugs into LM1 for you to program it (has nothing to do w/logging but the LM-1 is customizable so you need to configure it)

Seperate cable provides analog output voltage per however you configure in software (easy to use software)

The instructions tell you which wire is which (it uses a stereo plug to plug into the LM1), you plug the analog out cable (included) into the LM-1, and attach the other end to your pig tails on the cable and you're done
Thank you very much, that clears it up!! Sorry to have made a thread on something so simple!!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

they are comming out with a LC-1 that will do what you need for only $199
there is a thread on it.

More Than Zero
Old 02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

FYI:
LC-1 is $149 without a sensor, you can get the sensor for less than $50.

Quick Reply: Lm-1 To Hp Tuners?