PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF choice for forced induction.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default MAF choice for forced induction.

I have the stock screened MAF on the inlet side of the blower. I've read that I might pick up a lb. of boost if I switch to the pressure side. I was thinking I should go with an 85mm MAF, but which one? Screened or descreened? I run a FMIC now so if you see the picture link it shows a more or less stock looking Vortech system. Here is a picture of the current setup. I am going to put the MAF as close to the throttle body as possible.
Attached Thumbnails MAF choice for forced induction.-dscn1533.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
I have the stock screened MAF on the inlet side of the blower. I've read that I might pick up a lb. of boost if I switch to the pressure side. I was thinking I should go with an 85mm MAF, but which one? Screened or descreened? I run a FMIC now so if you see the picture link it shows a more or less stock looking Vortech system. Here is a picture of the current setup. I am going to put the MAF as close to the throttle body as possible.
If you want to run a MAF, you should get the biggest unscreened MAF you can get. Just make sure you can tune for it and you should be fine.