Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/f

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/f

I want to monitor my cars A/F. Now should i put 2 gauges or 1? Should i use a WB or regular. I will not be doing any tuning off it just using it to make sure everything is in check. I figured that 1 would not be acurate cuz what if one bank is rich and the other is lean? i know im parinoid.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those A/F gauges are just a light show without a wideband O2 sensor. I wouldn't waste my time if I was as worried as you are about one bank being more lean then the other. Glad I have the EIO HPTuners.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ ditto

the narrowwband AFR gauges are a light show... I had one in my car for a lil over a year, but the way it reports AFR is so screwed that you can be running lean (based on approximation from narrowband O2s) but it'll still show you in the green ... I have a wideband gauge in my car now that I try to make sure the needle's about 12.5-13.0 :1 , but when racing that becomes a bit difficult... there are a few digital LCD readout gauges that would be more beneficial for this

Realistically though You'll want some way of logging this data so you can go back and see exactly what and when it happened and know what to change... (which is what the EIO addon does for HP Tuners)
Old 02-17-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get an Innovate LM-1 with a tailpipe clamp and check the A/Fs as often as you want.