PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune with MAF on if I plan on using it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tune with MAF on if I plan on using it?

I plan on putting back my MAF after I'm done with fixing the LTFS and STFTs. I understand that I need to do the following.

Copy the High Octane to Low Octane table.
Fill as many cells in the LTFTs as you can.
Apply the change accordingly to the VE table. If your LTFTs are taking away fuel then you take away from the VE table to get between 0 and -4? If your LTFTs are positive than you add to the VE table? <---I will reread in the other threads to clarify. My thing is since I'm going back to the MAF won't my LTFTs be screwed even more. I say this because with my MAF on the LTFTs are constantly adding fuel. Doesn't matter at what speed, if I am at WOT or just cruising. I read the analogy of the sponge by Chris but since I'm cruising for miles and miles and my LTFTs are like +15 to +20 I am thinking this MAFless tuning will only make them worse since when the MAF is unplugged the LTFTs are now taking away fuel. I just need to get the explaination as to why I should have the MAF off for this tuning and how it is going to make things better if I am plugged back to the MAF. Or should I work with the MAF on? I have a lot of logs with the MAF on and unplugged. I'm ready to make adjustments soon as I here from you experts what to do. Once I get this done it will be interesting to see what the dyno says after the dyno I just done.

I am off tomorrow so I will go around reading all the threads I can on this.