PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, plugged MAF back in and LTFT are just a tad positives should I...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. calibrate your maf, DO NOT SCALE, it's not linear, airflow is about as non-linear as it gets. you have no idea how much other crap works off the maf, while it's not necessary for the SD tuning, it will make everything else SO much easier. i do this first to simply eliminate variables and make my life easier. I've had one case where the whole VE table was way off, and all i did was calibrate the MAF and everything went perfect, no other adjustments needed (well, maybe a smoothing on ve, but that's almost cosmetic)
2. then do SD tuning till VE is clean
3. PE/WOT tune
4. misc tune:trans/emissions/TQMgmnt/codes/idle/whatever
5. put the MAF back on, and make sure it's still kosher, if not, go fix #1.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
1. calibrate your maf, DO NOT SCALE, it's not linear, airflow is about as non-linear as it gets. you have no idea how much other crap works off the maf, while it's not necessary for the SD tuning, it will make everything else SO much easier. i do this first to simply eliminate variables and make my life easier. I've had one case where the whole VE table was way off, and all i did was calibrate the MAF and everything went perfect, no other adjustments needed (well, maybe a smoothing on ve, but that's almost cosmetic)
2. then do SD tuning till VE is clean
3. PE/WOT tune
4. misc tune:trans/emissions/TQMgmnt/codes/idle/whatever
5. put the MAF back on, and make sure it's still kosher, if not, go fix #1.
RedHardSupra, Can you walk me through calibrating my MAF or point me to an good set of instructions somewere? Your steps sound rightous too me and I want to take that approch, but I haven't found an instruction set for calibrating the maf per say, the only thing I've seen is about Scaling the MAF not calibrating it. Thanks for the info!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will, later, right now i'm about to get my hands on Gran Turismo 4 sorry boys, but i've been waiting for this for 3yrs...
Old 02-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
i will, later, right now i'm about to get my hands on Gran Turismo 4 sorry boys, but i've been waiting for this for 3yrs...

Cool man! I can dig it. Don't forget about me now that you peaked my interest with such interesting posibility!