Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE Tuning w/ a Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VE Tuning w/ a Supercharger

Ok I have searched and looked through every freaken post about tuning a S/C most of them only cover injector scaling and IFR tables and what not.. only a few touch VE tables but don't go into detail.

My questoin is do you tune the VE table for forced induction like a NA engine? I read one post that your not suppose even run the car in SD mode w/ FI unless you have a 2bar MAP. I don't have a 2bar MAP and don't plan on doning the upgrade.

I logged my LTFT and they are all around -10, -12 .. So this was w/ the MAF still plugged in.. I would take those numbers paste special by adding to my VE table leaning it out and reflash the PCM.... Drive it around and still it would be -10, -12..... By the way this is air being pushed through the MAF not pulled in from the compressor side

What am I doning wrong here?? I know I am goin to get the "Unplug your MAF" but i can't really....

Any tips or comments on this one... I think if this thread takes off you should throw it up in the sticky section to help some other guys out..
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the stock ve only goes so far...with any boosted motor you'd need the 2 bar to correctly change it...otherwise deal with it via other means.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
Ok I have searched and looked through every freaken post about tuning a S/C most of them only cover injector scaling and IFR tables and what not.. only a few touch VE tables but don't go into detail.

My questoin is do you tune the VE table for forced induction like a NA engine? I read one post that your not suppose even run the car in SD mode w/ FI unless you have a 2bar MAP. I don't have a 2bar MAP and don't plan on doning the upgrade.

I logged my LTFT and they are all around -10, -12 .. So this was w/ the MAF still plugged in.. I would take those numbers paste special by adding to my VE table leaning it out and reflash the PCM.... Drive it around and still it would be -10, -12..... By the way this is air being pushed through the MAF not pulled in from the compressor side

What am I doning wrong here?? I know I am goin to get the "Unplug your MAF" but i can't really....

Any tips or comments on this one... I think if this thread takes off you should throw it up in the sticky section to help some other guys out..
Try changing your MAF table lower in the place you are getting low trims. You can only tune SD with boost if you never plan to run in the region between max boost and 1bar. eg. if you have a racecar you can run a 1bar sensor and just tune the bottom row of the VE until the fuel is right, not the right way but it works. The problem with this is if you ever change your boost you need to tune it again. If your change boost to lower settings you will be running way rich and if you change boost upwards you will be lean. Hence, for a street car (especially a turbo) it's probably not a good thing to do.