PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screenshot of weird -40+ trims I see sometimes...input appreciated...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screenshot of weird -40+ trims I see sometimes...input appreciated...

Here is the screenshot. My guess is that it is caused by the ported MAF sometimes being unable to accurately judge airflow at low airflows and less air shows up that it actually reads. It does not happen when I run MAFless. It's kind of annoying because even on long trips my LTFT averages are between 1 and -2 across the board, with the slightly higher numbers up in the decel areas, and the lowest low numbers being on the far left. Also notice that the STFT scale is from -50 to 50, no -25 to 25 like the default is. Any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do the O2's platuea at this point? Im sure you know why, its just something I noticed. The fuel trims linearly drop off with the platuea of the O2's. Just fishing here.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's cause you have a 98
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COT is disabled right?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99whitews6
Why do the O2's platuea at this point? Im sure you know why, its just something I noticed. The fuel trims linearly drop off with the platuea of the O2's. Just fishing here.
I think it is just a point where the MAF reports the wrong airflow...I tested dropping the VE in that area (-20%) and it had no affect. I know it doesn't happen MAFless, and I am 99.9% sure after looking at my logs that it did not occur when I put the MAF back in and was running a screen. It appears to be something I can't work around...

Can anybody out there with a ported MAF verify this for me?

Originally Posted by P Mack
It's cause you have a 98
Very funny. I actually explored that possibility. That does not appear to be it.

Originally Posted by horist
COT is disabled right?
Of course. I even just double-checked, just to be sure. It is definitely off.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it only happen on acceleration?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by P Mack
Does it only happen on acceleration?
It appears to happen at low airflows while cruising, sometimes at idle (after a hot start...very weird), and during some very light acceleration. I think it is during "steady state", if you are familiar with HPTuners dynamic airflow terms. I can't really be sure because that crap is so complicated (I could probably figure out how to build a ground-to-air missile before I got all those calculations figured out), but it usually appears that the requirements are met. I think that it just happens at times that the MAF is weighted in as the main source for the airflow calculations AND the airflow seen by the MAF is incorrect because it is ported. Totally sucks...
Old 04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

I just realized that I never noticed this issue before my AIR delete. Could this be some weird byproduct of the AIR delete? It only seems to happen for the first few minutes of my drive (most drives around town are short anyways).