Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner owners ........

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuner owners ........

I dont know if this was already noted or not but I was hearing concern about the new version 2.0 and whether or not people who bought their HP Tuner would get the update. I copied this from the HP Tuners forum.

VCM Suite 2.0 and extended support
« on: Apr 19th, 2005, 8:38pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear HP Tuners Customers,

I understand all of your concerns about support expiration before the release of V2.0

While it may appear that we are stalling or having problems, I can assure you that is far from the truth. When we were deciding on the layout for 2.0 we decided to do a ground up design on both hardware and software.

HP Tuners is implementing over 1 year of customer and internal feature requests and is leaving room for future enhancements.
Please keep in mind that the automotive manufacturers are also making changes in their designs, so we have to both incorporate the current and anticipate the future changes.

With that being said we will not release details on 2.0 or the actual release date. As the walls have ears (and some of them big mouths), we are tight lipped about what 2.0 is and can do.

What we will do is extend support to those who have valid support on April 15, 2005. That means if your VCM Suite shipped on or after October 15, 2004, you will receive the VCM Suite 2.0 upgrade. This does NOT cover optional hardware upgrades.

Ken Cannata
HP Tuners LLC
ken@hptuners.com