PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What data logging software/cables to buy for LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking into these two as well as LS-1 edit for a little bit now and I'm wondering, are they really as easy as they say for a new guy to use?

I'm trying to keep an open perspective, as everyone has their own bandwagons and stuff, so you have to be careful with believing what everyone says. {Whatever a guy spends his money on, he will typically defend}....but I want a good tuning package at a good price without a huge learning curve and having to depend on everyone else to do my car for me.

Do any of these manufacturers have any training manuals, books, DVD's or classes?

I know companies like AEM and Motec have dealer and user training programs and that helps them sell tons of units for standalone stuff.....

So far I like the EFILive stuff, but I have a 98, so I'm not sure if I should wait or go with something else?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use hptuners & think its very easy to use...with that said there is a learning curve, but you dont have to be a rocket scientist to use it or to get your car running right. If you look theres more then enough information out there to learn how to tune but in the end its the user that needs to do the leg work.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Golfguy
Do any of these manufacturers have any training manuals, books, DVD's or classes?
EFILive is working with a professional training company to provide EFILive training courses. They will cover topics from EFILive software installation and basic operation right up to advanced EFI tuning.

Check our web site (www.efilive.com) in a few weeks for details.

Regards
Paul
EFILive Limited
Old 04-30-2005, 04:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Magnus
HP Tuners Scanner is also more user friendly.. If I recall correctly, EFI Lives scanner will only allow you to display one display type at a time. For example, you can only view your data in a guage display, or a chart format, or a table layout.. where as HP Tuners scanner you can view all of them at the same time.

HP Tuners are the clear innovaters in this market.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Looking at those EFILive scan screen shots by AllCammedUp...

Quick Reply: What data logging software/cables to buy for LS1?