Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preditor hand held tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Preditor hand held tuner

I am having my car tuned today and was wondering what you guys thaught about the Preditor hand helt tuners. They are using a Chipmaster PC program w/ a Dyno Jet to get the car running right then they program the Preditor with the PC and use the Preditor to reprogram my car. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Restricted User

That a way to tune it. I used predator after it was released and amazingly enough it was pretty decent tool for what I wanting done. Its a PITA if you like to tinker around with your tune, try new things out etc, but thats the life.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks CAT 3. Does anyone know anything about the PC program Chipmaster? The only PC program that I know of is LS1 edit. The place doing my tune said that they are prety much the same. If I used LS1 Edit, they would have to retune my car at their shop everytime I needed a change. Whith Chipmaster and the Preditor I can change things on my own with out having to take it in and pay another 300 to 500 bucks to get it dyno tuned.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chipmaster is the program that diablo dealers use to program the chips and predators.

As far as how much support it has, I am unsure, as i have never used it. I doubt you will find much info at all on it, since is is not sold to end users.

Ryan
Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Restricted User

You can only change a little bit, very little with the Diablo, as far as yourself. Now, your tuner will be able to make damn near any change that Edit can make, and if he is good, he will get it right. I used to use James @ RWTD and he had my old TR224 cam only, headers, !emissions dialed in.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CAT3
You can only change a little bit, very little with the Diablo, as far as yourself. Now, your tuner will be able to make damn near any change that Edit can make, and if he is good, he will get it right. I used to use James @ RWTD and he had my old TR224 cam only, headers, !emissions dialed in.
What kind of hp and tq numbers did you turn out with that set up?
Old 05-04-2005, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow
Chipmaster is the program that diablo dealers use to program the chips and predators.
As far as how much support it has, I am unsure, as i have never used it. I doubt you will find much info at all on it, since is is not sold to end users.
Ryan
I read somewhere there are plans to sell this software to end users some time in the near future. Problem with using places like RWTD for custom tuning is you are at thier mercy. Because they are moving to a new shop and are closed for business I've been waiting several weeks for a custom tune.
If I had it to do over again I would probably just get my car dynotuned or buy HP Tuners or LS1 Edit.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been plans for them to sell CMR for more than a year, read modularfords in the diablo section.

Ryan
Old 05-05-2005, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow
There have been plans for them to sell CMR for more than a year, read modularfords in the diablo section.

Ryan
Somehow I'm not surprised.