PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0327 causes KR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to think of it mine was backordered too (gmpartsdirect). I remember now.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Wow...it's way worse than I thought. It seems that when I did the LS6 intake install, I somehow got the wires OVER the intake ports. Not good! The intake itself has slight warping in one area. I fortunately have my old LS1 intake and I borrowed a gasket off of there, I'm pretty sure this should seal up nicely.

I have a couple pics below of the damage to the wires. The pictures don't do it justice...but the wires were actually flat. So flat that the wire could be seen through the insulation. As a temporary fix, I'm thinking about trying to splice the wires. It certainly can't be any worse. I have some nice GE connectors. Does anyone know how high of a temperature that connectors can take?

I'm going to wait for an answer before I do it.
Attached Thumbnails P0327 causes KR?-ksharness1jpg.jpg   P0327 causes KR?-ksharness2.jpg  
Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wowza, you did a number on that... I do have a spare wire, how's 25 shipped USPS sound? the wire's brand new... i Just ordered 2 accidentally
Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

I'll take it. You have a PM!
Old 05-19-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

So I got the car back together. I still can't believe that the wiring harness was over the ports of the head!!! Yikes! The pressure and the heat caused it to flatten out a bit. Thus, one of the cylinders wasn't running with full airflow and another one had a small interuption.

I spliced the damaged wires to make them new again...and guess what...no more code!!!

I think the car is flipping out right now because there is more airflow and no more code. So I keep getting LTFTs in the 2800-4000 range between 3-7....which means I need to add fuel.

I think I actually need to reset the LTFTs because of the better sealing intake and better flowing now....plus the removal of the low voltage to knock sensor.

The car is definitely running better now!

When I get the new harness from Horist I'll put it in.....I don't want to take the chance of the car running with two spliced wires on top of the block for too long!

Horist and Predator....thanks for your help!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats!!

That looks like my old wire. Just want to mention that I threw two codes, but not only did I have a crushed wire but also two burnt KS pins on the pcm. I always thought the wire caused the two codes, but maybe it was the burnt pins (and that seems to be the case considering you just threw one code, and the same thing happened to Mike too).

Anyway, congrats again!!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Guys, Not trying to hijack what might appear to be a closed thread but I have a question. I more than likely have a pinched wire also, 327 and 332 come up occasionaly, but when they do I get no KR reading on my scanmaster. I know the scanmaster is not the best thing out there but should I not see some KR reading on it when 327 and 332 are present? Also, Horist, where are you loacted? I am in Elgin IL.

Quick Reply: P0327 causes KR?