PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy Lean trims after Vararam install..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Despite the fact that consistent lean trims across the board would dictate a leak, I was not able to find any. I tried every trick in the book and could not find any....Any suggestions?
Its true ..I have a blackwing on mine and ltft were 17/19 positive until I started tuning. My initial approach was lowering the injector pulse which produced -2 to 5 ltft. I have since been tuning using the ve tables and to make matters worse using ls1edit. HPtuners will make doing what you are trying to accomplish considerably easier.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rays C5
Its true ..I have a blackwing on mine and ltft were 17/19 positive until I started tuning. My initial approach was lowering the injector pulse which produced -2 to 5 ltft. I have since been tuning using the ve tables and to make matters worse using ls1edit. HPtuners will make doing what you are trying to accomplish considerably easier.
Thanks for the info. VE tuning followed by MAF recalibration will definitely take care of it. My only concern was whether or not it was normal to be running so lean after the Vararam install....After all, if it was an air leak (or other problem unrelated to the MAF) then all recalibrating the MAF would do is treat the symptom rather than the root cause of a problem.....

Quick Reply: Crazy Lean trims after Vararam install..