Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM id question and Calibration Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM id question and Calibration Code

I'm installing a LS1 with parts from various years (98 and 02) into a 2000 Miata. My question is in Texas for this vehicle to be legal to drive on the road it must comply to emissions law. Is there something that will show the PCM model year or something else that would cause the car to fail. I want to have the calibration code of a 2001 or 2002 I think. I have 2002 Z06 cyl. heads, intake and cam. I don't want electronic throttle. Is there a calibration for the 2002 Z06 with a cacle throttle setup? The PCM I have know is out of a 1998 WS6.

Jeff
Old 05-18-2005, 09:50 PM
FormerVendor

You wont be able to use an 02 calibration with a 98 pcm. 99+ would be able to but 98 wont. ANyways when you get some tuning software you can turn off all the codes and the ones associated with readiness test will pass immediately
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

As long as you do not live in an area with emissions testing cat can be gutted and delete air egr etc it will still pass a regular vehicle inspection and it does not matter the year of motor etc. Unless they get really sticky which some can be. You either need to use all 98 harness pcm and programming, or re-pin your harness and use the 99-02 computer with ls1-edit to program unless you are going to run stock calibrations. If you run stock then you just settle on the year and program your pcm with a vin from that year.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default Tamu

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
As long as you do not live in an area with emissions testing cat can be gutted and delete air egr etc it will still pass a regular vehicle inspection and it does not matter the year of motor etc. Unless they get really sticky which some can be. You either need to use all 98 harness pcm and programming, or re-pin your harness and use the 99-02 computer with ls1-edit to program unless you are going to run stock calibrations. If you run stock then you just settle on the year and program your pcm with a vin from that year.
Howdy!
Thanks for the info! My daughter is attending TAMU. She will be a sophomore this fall.