PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best deal on O2 Sensors out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What is the best deal on O2 Sensors out there?

(for a 98 Z28)

Is there any point in staying with the AC sensors? One of the local mechanics here, who is good on all the electronics said get the factory sensors and DO NOT get Bosch.

Any suggestions?

PS. This mechanic is really into the high tech. No only does he have the Snap-On scanners, but he has Tech 2 and DRBIII. (I suppose he has a Rotunda too, eh?)
Old 05-22-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have headers?

if so you'll want to go w/a 2002 vette rear O2 sensor (I believe that the 98 F-Bodies are the same connector.. but can someone verify?)

it's a longe rwire, so you don't need O2 extensions

I just put 2 new denso O2s in my car a few weeks ago and I like them... they switch really fast
Old 05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by squid
(for a 98 Z28)

Is there any point in staying with the AC sensors? One of the local mechanics here, who is good on all the electronics said get the factory sensors and DO NOT get Bosch.

Any suggestions?

PS. This mechanic is really into the high tech. No only does he have the Snap-On scanners, but he has Tech 2 and DRBIII. (I suppose he has a Rotunda too, eh?)
Why Not Get Bosch,I got mine cheap @ Murrays,and I made good HP on them.Just curious why did he say Dont get Bosch?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Ya, I have TTS long tubes. I know the comment he made about the Bosch's were with regard to a 2000 Ford Windstar. The shop that built my engine recommended GM only.

Frankly, I want to try the cheapest I can find just to see how long they last.

I think Rockauto has better prices than Murrays, actually, there are competitive prices locally at the autoparts stores here. I was hoping that mail order, I could get OE style down around $50 each.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by squid
Ya, I have TTS long tubes. I know the comment he made about the Bosch's were with regard to a 2000 Ford Windstar. The shop that built my engine recommended GM only.

Frankly, I want to try the cheapest I can find just to see how long they last.

I think Rockauto has better prices than Murrays, actually, there are competitive prices locally at the autoparts stores here. I was hoping that mail order, I could get OE style down around $50 each.
I never heard of rockauto?Anyway I got my stock bosches o2's cheap at Murrays for 50.00 each after Rebate.This was last year and they are still working great.But if you find some good ones cheaper please do let me know
Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep if you've got headers the best way to go is the bosch O2's. The part # is 13111, you can get them at autozone for $69 and they burn hotter than regular O2's which is perfect for LT's
Old 05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, Rockauto is THE cheapest for ss band clamps. They have 2.5" lap joints for something like $7.38 each. They are the Walker sub brand, LockTite or something like that.

Hummmm, a hotter burning O2 sounds like maybe I should get the Bosch's, ya?