PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MAF calibration Worksheet

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been just doing sorting by LTFT first to delete those First...then sorting by MAF HZ after that...
I dont know how to tell excel to exclude something for its math equations...
Old 06-03-2005, 03:50 AM
8 Second Club

I just added a line in the instructions to tell people to delete all values more than -25...
Old 06-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! I don't know jack about excel either!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Hey I found that when I tried to copy and paste the averaged line from temp to input it crashes and hangs trying to put sum=(LTb1+LTb2/2) in all the cells.

I tried it a bunch of ways and only found one way that worked for me and that is to do a "clear cells" on the Average LTFT in the input section then copy the average line from the temp section and do a Paste Special in the input page and select "Values and Number format" from the top section and leave the operation part set to none.

I'm on Win XP Pro and Office XP it might be something flaky with my version of Office.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:16 PM
8 Second Club

I'm the same platform...
I'm office 2003....hmmm...It still works good for me...just did a buddys MAF this morning...
Old 06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

sorry guys Im new to this. In the direcitons it says to "set the DFCO normal Temp to 284, mine is at -22. Also says "set mzx %TPS for table B to 0", mine is 99. The "set PE enable to 640", mine is 15. Is this normal? Or am I looking at the wrong places. Why such a huge changes? I know your right cause I dont know crap but I'd like to learn. Sorry but humor us newbs cause Im sure theres more of me out there.

Oh and I take it when you say to log MAF hz your talking about right clicking on the chart and adding MAF hz.

I know you did a lot of work and we thank you. Just from the newb standpoint it would be cool if you could detail the instructions a lil better. You know like eg. EDIT>ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>FUEL CUTOFF, DFCO. and stuff. At first I had no clue. Would be cool if you made it like "for dummies" like me. I appologize for being an idiot. I just did all my VE with the help of Horist in SD and that almost fried my brain lol.

thanks.

Last edited by Y2K SS; 06-03-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
sorry guys Im new to this. In the direcitons it says to "set the DFCO normal Temp to 284, mine is at -22. Also says "set mzx %TPS for table B to 0", mine is 99. The "set PE enable to 640", mine is 15. Is this normal? Or am I looking at the wrong places. Why such a huge changes? I know your right cause I dont know crap but I'd like to learn. Sorry but humor us newbs cause Im sure theres more of me out there..
Yes this is normal. What you're doing is disabling DFCO and PE by putting in values that will never be reached under normal driving conditions. For example, you're disabling DFCO by telling the computer to activate it only when the temp reaches 284 degrees, effectively disabling DFCO as you'll never reach that engine temp....Hope this helps..
Old 06-04-2005, 02:26 AM
8 Second Club

yes setting DFCO to 284* disables it cause you will never hit that temp....
setting pe enable to 640 effectively disables PE mode so you can do all MAF Hz...including WOT at 6000 RPM in 4th gear so you can get High up around 10000Hz tuned as well...
you will set those values back after you have your Airflow Vs MAf dialed in correctly
Old 06-04-2005, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Duuuuhhhhh. What a meathead. I shoulda figured that out. Sorry guys, thanks for filling me in. One more thing.. when you say to log the MAF hz, I put it on my chart and table... where do I get the numbers to paste to the table??? Sorry. Horist is on vacation lol.

Last edited by Y2K SS; 06-04-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by soundengineer
yes setting DFCO to 284* disables it cause you will never hit that temp....
setting pe enable to 640 effectively disables PE mode so you can do all MAF Hz...including WOT at 6000 RPM in 4th gear so you can get High up around 10000Hz tuned as well...
you will set those values back after you have your Airflow Vs MAf dialed in correctly
So doing WOT runs at 6000 rpm's with PE disabled won;t hurt anything? Doesn't the motor run dangerously lean? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to learn .
Old 06-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Duuuuhhhhh. What a meathead. I shoulda figured that out. Sorry guys, thanks for filling me in. One more thing.. when you say to log the MAF hz, I put it on my chart and table... where do I get the numbers to paste to the table??? Sorry. Horist is on vacation lol.
In order to be able to record MAF Hz you must have your MAF disabled (SD Mode) but still plugged in... That said, once you finish logging, you export your log to an excel spreadsheet and one of the columns should be MAF Hz.....
Old 06-04-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please tell me how to log MAF HZ.... I have no idea.

thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

never mind... ChrisLe answered... guess I should read all the post before posting. sorry guys
Old 06-04-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually according to my experiments, if all you're doing is MAF tuning, you can run in MAF mode. i use SD, because i tune MAF and VE at the same time
Old 06-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
actually according to my experiments, if all you're doing is MAF tuning, you can run in MAF mode. i use SD, because i tune MAF and VE at the same time

True. I ASSumed that he had not first completed his VE tuning. As I ,too, simultaneously tune VE and MAF..
Old 06-04-2005, 11:19 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turo
So doing WOT runs at 6000 rpm's with PE disabled won;t hurt anything? Doesn't the motor run dangerously lean? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to learn .
no...it still commands 14.7...
which is not lean...
and is perfectly safe...
but I do like to creep up on the to slowly to see what its doing before I go hitting it hard.....sometimes I purposely overshoot the first shot to guarantee rich vs lean
Old 06-04-2005, 11:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
that is definately a plus to your worksheet and method....
and like I said..it just wasnt getting it all there for me for some reason..though it did get me in the ball park on the last MAF that I tuned....but I use mine to get it nailed in perfect.
and yes ...mine is made for after you have tuned VE in SD.... then you run in MAF mode and dial in the MAF to be accurate
Old 06-05-2005, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
True. I ASSumed that he had not first completed his VE tuning. As I ,too, simultaneously tune VE and MAF..

Okay. I did my VE tuning already to get a good base. Now I want to tune the MAF using this spreadsheet so i go back to my old post. How do I log the MAF hz and where do I get those numbers to post to the spreadsheet?? I appologize again for my dumbass.

thanks
Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 PM
8 Second Club

you need to add the PID to your main table...you dont necessarily have to add it to the real time chart.... I dont cause I dont need it there...
then when you are done logging data...just export it...it sends it to an excel csv spreadsheet...and thats where you copy data from...
paste it into the temporary page on my spreadsheet..and follow directions on teh main page...
sort it...remove bad eronious values....resort... copy and paste

any more questions you can pm me
Old 06-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Soundengineer if my results are generally in the +1 range how much should I adjust my MAF table to bring me down to -1? Also which direction should I go in order to drop the LTFT to the -1 range? Meaning would I add or subtract x% from the table or subtract from the table?

By the way I have had excelent results using your table! It seemed to work a lot better for my situation than Redhardsupra's sheet. Not that I'm putting it down because several have had excelent results from his as well! My results are either Perfect or +1 range with a +2 in there every now and then!

Thanks Man!!!!!

Quick Reply: NEW MAF calibration Worksheet