PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MAF calibration Worksheet

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just do another log...and use the Multiply by % - half...and your next one should get you down to 0 and just below

also to answer about which way to go... adding to it...means more air...means richer mixture.. subtracting means less air..means leaner
Old 06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sound... so you never reset the fuel trims even on the next bins. Everytime you upload a bin do you need to drive around for 30 minutes?

Thanks for all the info. I was searching for days and couldn't find anything on this. Tweak them directions a lil for us newbs and then we need to ask the head honchos (Horist and Camaroholic) to stickerize this badboy.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Hey sound... so you never reset the fuel trims even on the next bins. Everytime you upload a bin do you need to drive around for 30 minutes?

Thanks for all the info. I was searching for days and couldn't find anything on this. Tweak them directions a lil for us newbs and then we need to ask the head honchos (Horist and Camaroholic) to stickerize this badboy.
You do need to reset trims after .bin files are written to the PCM...
then yopu go driving to get them learned again...and then log..
rinse lather repeat until you are happy with your results...
Old 06-07-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, mine's way faster than that
Old 06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
wow, mine's way faster than that

yours also is not as accurate as mine is...
I cant get yours to get me on the money... with mine I can

I dont know what part of yours might need "tweaking" but we should figure it out so its more accurate...
every MAf I have tried on yours has only gotten me in teh -5 to +5 range...and I got it down to 0 to -2 on every one I finished with mine...

I'm not knocking yours...
I just think its only good to get in the ball park...and they can use mine to fine tune it to a more precise measurement for their MAF
Old 06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no clue what you're talking about, i did 9 cars myself, and a bunch more over the internet, and they're all running fine. and the fact that you're measuring the goodness of the MAF tune using LTFT's...well, let's just say i wouldn't do that. All I know that after enabling MAF, LTFTs are producing just about the same tune as they would just before in SD mode. I'd say that's a well calibrated MAF.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:43 PM
8 Second Club

i have no clue what you're talking about, i did 9 cars myself, and a bunch more over the internet, and they're all running fine. and the fact that you're measuring the goodness of the MAF tune using LTFT's...well, let's just say i wouldn't do that. All I know that after enabling MAF, LTFTs are producing just about the same tune as they would just before in SD mode. I'd say that's a well calibrated MAF.
I know you are just as picky as I am....
and teh Stock MAF ..IMO...needs a minor Recalibration as well to get it a lot closer to 0 than it is with teh stock table...atleast for F-body cars....

I didnt say that cars dont run fine...
I understand that Trims are LEARNED...and so it doesnt have to be perfect...
but the closer it is...the less time it takes it to learn from day to day...and teh more consistent the ride will be
Old 06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Soundengineer's spreadsheet got me within -2 on all except 3 or 4 (and those were under 5) spots the first try, but a lot has to do with getting your VE correct (read: time spent), imo. On the other spreadsheet I kept getting Runtime Error 91 and finally gave up on it, not sure if it was redhardsupras.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:30 AM
8 Second Club

I had the same basic thing happen to me...first try was dam near right on...
I just did a few more times to get it really nailed on the head....
plus..what else better do I have to do on a 1 hr drive to the fiance's house
Old 06-12-2005, 02:41 AM
8 Second Club

man I wish a modrator would add my spreadsheet to teh sticky sections stuff *hint*cough*hint*
Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Soundengineer,

Nice job on the MAF calculator. I initially used Redhardsupra's MAF spreadsheet to get me in the ballpark, then fine tuned with yours. All my Ltrims are now between -2 and 0 across the board..
Old 06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
8 Second Club

yesterday I went to do tuning on my old car that a buddy bought from me....
and I had to do teh MAF recalibration...cause it looked liek the stock table was still in there..and The MAF was heavily ported....
If I can find the tuner who lied to me...I am so going to sue his *** somehow...(by the way...that tuner went out of business in a blaze of fury from many customers...)
started off seeing -17's at low freq...and +17 at high freq....
now its 0 to -2 everywhere
Old 06-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Duplicate Post!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Sound... I think I found out why I couldn’t get my LTFT's any closer than they were already. I bought the 1 BAR SD upgrade from HPTuners (mainly for removing the secondary VE table BS). I just figured I could re-enable my MAF, but now I have realized that isn't possible and I think I want my MAF back. Hmmmm.... Damn one way or the other stuff sucks I want the best of ALL WORLDS!

But anyway I created a companion spread sheet to yours that I would like to share with those that would like to use it but I don't have a place to host it for me.

Sense the actual Fuel Trim at any given moment in time is actually LTFT + STFT Bank1 averaged with LTFT + STFT Bank2.

So I created a sheet that takes STFT B1 adds it to LTFT B1 and then the same for Bank 2 and then average those together to come up with the actual Fuel Trim correction for that line. I can then take that 1 column and the MAF HZ column and put that into your sheet to create what in theory should be a dead on table.

How be it I cannot test the theory with out reverting back from my 1 BAR SD files and I'm not sure what effect that would have so not trying until I hear a response from my post in HPTuners help forums.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad30th
TCS will disable itself when the MAF reading fails the speed density sanity check (which is mostly based on MAP/TPS).

The light on the dash will illuminate that TCS is off, pushing the button doesn't turn it off/on.

Car defaults to speed density mode and may feel down on power, sometimes accompanied by harsh/crappy A4 shifts if you have an A4.

Sometimes this behavior is accompanied by P0101 (MAF), P0121 (TPS) or a MAP SES code.

This behavior can be compounded by too big a hole drilled in the TB blade. (More air, lower TPS for given amount of air, higher MAF rate).

Ask me how I know.

Anyone know more about this ? I have posted this info in a couple of threads and would like to know more...

Cheers,
Bad30th

I would like some information on this problem as well. My traction control light comes on when I sit at idle too long. Then the trans shifts strange, etc like you say. After I drive is at cruise speed a few minutes the light goes off and it drives better. I thought it maybe due to engine heat from the headers. But after reading this message I think it maybe the MAF. Once this happens a few times I get a check engine light. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

email is appraiser18@***.net

Mods are cam,heads,headers,28.5 injectors,ls6 intake,SLP MAF & throttle body,2800 stall
Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by God Forgives I Dont
Sound... I think I found out why I couldn’t get my LTFT's any closer than they were already. I bought the 1 BAR SD upgrade from HPTuners (mainly for removing the secondary VE table BS). I just figured I could re-enable my MAF, but now I have realized that isn't possible and I think I want my MAF back. Hmmmm.... Damn one way or the other stuff sucks I want the best of ALL WORLDS!

But anyway I created a companion spread sheet to yours that I would like to share with those that would like to use it but I don't have a place to host it for me.

Sense the actual Fuel Trim at any given moment in time is actually LTFT + STFT Bank1 averaged with LTFT + STFT Bank2.

So I created a sheet that takes STFT B1 adds it to LTFT B1 and then the same for Bank 2 and then average those together to come up with the actual Fuel Trim correction for that line. I can then take that 1 column and the MAF HZ column and put that into your sheet to create what in theory should be a dead on table.

How be it I cannot test the theory with out reverting back from my 1 BAR SD files and I'm not sure what effect that would have so not trying until I hear a response from my post in HPTuners help forums.
Damn good idea...Sound you should see about implementing this. It would allow for faster correcting, as you do not have to wait for the trims to relearn since you are utilizing the STFT's in the equation.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Launching!

If someone will host it I'll send it to them that way peeps could try it out and if ya'll like it just add it in to Sounds original sheet.

Damn shame I went all out and got the SD 1 Bar upgrade now can't use it because the MAF has been bypassed at a very low level in the PCM so that way they could give me some other tables for RPM Vs KPA VS TP and adds what amounts to a 3 dimensional VE table were as I can adjust for Throttle Position as an adder to VE.

However the principles are sound and mathematically correct so I bet it will work kick ***, but only testing will tell.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.allmod.net/hpt/Example.xls
Old 06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that looks good. In theory, that should get you a lot closer a lot sooner.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I couldnt get either the trim sheet or supras to work for me so I went through the whole table by hand and used the values in the sheet below. My lt's are now within +-2% and st's are the same.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
maf correction values.zip (2.5 KB, 36 views)

Quick Reply: NEW MAF calibration Worksheet