PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Anyone have a F13 HP file?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ESR
Turo yeah I had the same results coming to a stop idleing a little high but it settles. Im not sure but you pe table is a little low be careful it was running low 14 on air/fuel. I dynoed it and readjusted the PE table and have the airfuel running between 12.5 to 13.3. I think on the top end I was running out of injector or pump not sure one of the two. I could not bring the AFR lower than 13.3. Well anyhow it did 394rwhp and 375 rwtq on a mustang dyno. Which is like a 12 % decrease from a dynojet give or take a few % so it def will pull over 420 on a dynojet. Anyhow if you care to get the file from me give me your email address. Once again nice work on the VE table and idle you saved me alot of time. Im sure my buddy appriciates it too.

Thanks

Eric
Ohh, please, send me the updated file if you dont mind! I'll PM you my email address. Do you remember what the injector duty cycle was at (at the top end)? Also, did you have to make any other changes, other than the PE table?

Glad to hear the file worked good for you overall. Those are some pretty good numbers for cam-only and bolt-ons!

Last edited by Turo; 06-12-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turo
Here, you guys can take a look at mine and mess around with it...

http://my.fit.edu/~adonate/public/TURO.bin

The tune isn't perfect, the MAF table needs some small tweaking (its close, but not there yet), and I need a wideband to dial in the PE properly at WOT. If you see anything else I should change let me know .
It doesn't look like you did any idle adjustments.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Checkmate
It doesn't look like you did any idle adjustments.
All I had to do to get it to idle good was to fix the VE table, then bump up the idle rpm's a bit. That makes it idle great, it only surges every now and then in humid/rainy weather (I'm asumming that's MAF related, not sure). My F13 is on a 114lsa so the idle was not terrible to begin with.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I installed my f13 over the weekend and so far its great. I copied a few tables from Turo's bin file, VE, PE, spark, etc. and the car started right up. It still takes a while to find idle on startup, both cold and hot. Also the A/C usually stalls out the car so ill have to fool with that. I didnt adjust the throttle stop nor did I drill out the hole. Turo's file is good as far as i can see. Great LTFTs and no KR except one spot, which ill address today.

Thanks Turo and everyone else!

-T
Old 06-13-2005, 09:31 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default f13

Id watch it yeah you probably had like one degree of knock at like 5200-5400 but its running lean I had the same thing on my buddies car. Got it on the dyno and it was running 14.6 afr. Not knocking turo I appriciate the file and it saved me tons of time just watch it if your leaving it that way Id pull back two degrees of timing or bring up the fuel. Im forwarding turo the file tonight email me your email address.

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Well, I installed my f13 over the weekend and so far its great. I copied a few tables from Turo's bin file, VE, PE, spark, etc. and the car started right up. It still takes a while to find idle on startup, both cold and hot. Also the A/C usually stalls out the car so ill have to fool with that. I didnt adjust the throttle stop nor did I drill out the hole. Turo's file is good as far as i can see. Great LTFTs and no KR except one spot, which ill address today.

Thanks Turo and everyone else!

-T
Old 06-13-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ive only run it up to 6000 RPM, but im not getting any knock at all up that high. Im getting knock at 1500-2000 RPM around 20% TPA. If you would se so kind as to forward one to me as well, i would appreciate it greatly. tony@ihearyou.com

Thanks,
-T

Originally Posted by ESR
Id watch it yeah you probably had like one degree of knock at like 5200-5400 but its running lean I had the same thing on my buddies car. Got it on the dyno and it was running 14.6 afr. Not knocking turo I appriciate the file and it saved me tons of time just watch it if your leaving it that way Id pull back two degrees of timing or bring up the fuel. Im forwarding turo the file tonight email me your email address.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Ive only run it up to 6000 RPM, but im not getting any knock at all up that high. Im getting knock at 1500-2000 RPM around 20% TPA. If you would se so kind as to forward one to me as well, i would appreciate it greatly. tony@ihearyou.com

Thanks,
-T
When he sends me the updated file tonight, I'll just upload it to the same location where I have the older one and leave it there (i'll repost the link tonight), in case anyone wants to download it in the future.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Here is the link to the updated F13 bin file (HPTuners):

http://my.fit.edu/~adonate/public/TURO2.bin

So in the future, if anyone asks for an F13 file to get started with, tell them to search for this thread
Old 06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is the link to the updated F13 bin file (HPTuners):

http://my.fit.edu/~adonate/public/TURO2.bin

So in the future, if anyone asks for an F13 file to get started with, tell them to search for this thread
What was actually changed? Just PE increased a little up top?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Junkie

What was actually changed? Just PE increased a little up top?
I believe that was the only change, getting the WOT air-fuel ratio dialed in.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just a note to everyone. I think that it was running out of injector or pump one of the two. More than likely its the pump. but the WOT tune is safe it ranges between a 12.5 to 13.3 afr. 13.3 is a little high but not dangerous at all. This was done off the mustang dyno. Usually when a pump runs out it will run out a little more by the end of a track pass. I will log this on my LM1 AFR Meter once my buddy takes his car to the track. But for now the tune is far more safe than the original no offense turo you saved me a lot of time. hopefull the PE table helped ya out.

I believe that was the only change, getting the WOT air-fuel ratio dialed in.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm, This file seems WAY rich to me. I was running a ton leaner without a hint of knock. I guess the discrepency is because it relies so heavily on the MAF at high RPM, and my MAF table is far from stock since I ported the MAF out.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:29 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default file

I try to stay away from porting mafs and such its something that FI guys tend to frown on due to the trouble of dialing the maf back in and the benefit is so minimal I dont see it being worth the trouble. Since yours is already done though yeah it would through part throttle and idle off pretty much everything. The Maf would need to be recalibrated due to more air flowing throw than it is reading.
Hmm, This file seems WAY rich to me. I was running a ton leaner without a hint of knock. I guess the discrepency is because it relies so heavily on the MAF at high RPM, and my MAF table is far from stock since I ported the MAF out.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well, I have a stock MAF I could always throw on there for my initial dialing in, but I think im just going to run speed density to dial things in and then ill calibrate the ported MAF to that. With the advent of the all the S-D knowledge around, it seems like wasted time to confirm to a stock MAF as an intermediate step. If i didnt have yearly emissions testing I would consider running SD full time.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

i didnt read all this but i have f13 and afr heads and ported/filled tb, ive got the idle pretty much set and still just tweaking the ve. ill try and get it up when i finish
Old 06-16-2005, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Can anyone post their desired Idle and Base running airflow table?

My idle is still giving me trouble. No matter how high i have the RAF, the stit still jump to .5 after running about 5 seconds.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you crank the throttle stop open a turn or two to get your IAC counts to 20 - 50? My stock RAF was passable, although ill eventually tweak it some more.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

what kinda tb u have? .61 v tps i have raf of 13-8 from ~70* to 284*u have to get your effective area dialed in first
Old 06-16-2005, 01:37 PM
8 Second Club

I'm very impressed with the VE table so far. I copied that into my current tune and seems to have helped. All the LTFT's were between 2 and -3, but 85% of them in the histogram were -1 or -2 under normal driving.

The PEvsRPM looked pretty lean compared to mine on that file. Mine's close to 10% higher and was dialed in with my wideband. I have the same IFR table also.

Also, the HO spark table looked dangerously high in the WOT areas. If I used that in my car I'd be getting close to 40* at WOT!!

Last edited by 1fastWS6; 06-16-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
The PEvsRPM looked pretty lean compared to mine on that file. Mine's close to 10% higher and was dialed in with my wideband. I have the same IFR table also.
You have the same IFR table, but 30# injectors? My table is for the stockers (28# I think?), maybe that's why?

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Also, the HO spark table looked dangerously high in the WOT areas. If I used that in my car I'd be getting close to 40* at WOT!!
Really? My car shows between 28-30* at WOT with that table, zero KR .