PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensors are staying above 800 constantly

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those codes will throw the car into open loop cause the O2's to do what you are describing. You need to try and reset them if you haven't already and get some good o2's without the extensions. If you must use oxygen sensors, I always suggest some rear corvette sensors.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok... those front O2 sensor codes are turned off in the .bin ... so there's probably still a problem... not sure what the PCM does when it detects a problem but can't set an SES for it (for front O2s)

Turn the front O2 codes back on, see what comes up... if anything then there's still a wiring problem most likely
Old 06-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
ok... those front O2 sensor codes are turned off in the .bin ... so there's probably still a problem... not sure what the PCM does when it detects a problem but can't set an SES for it (for front O2s)

Turn the front O2 codes back on, see what comes up... if anything then there's still a wiring problem most likely
Sorry it's been a while, but I was on vacation for a week in the OBX and didn't get on line at all. I ended up having a cut O2 extension, and that was changed, but I still had the issue with the O2's reading around 800+ constantly. I tried a couple tunes me, OrangeSS, and Amswells have been working on and I found one that works. I'm not sure why, but my O2s are bouncing between 700 and 100 back and forth when crusing like they should. Hopefully my MPG will improve over the 15 I was getting.

Thanks for all the advice (especially Horist). Without this site and a few friends, I would still be