PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I switch from 3 channel to 4 chan. ABS????

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I switch from 3 channel to 4 chan. ABS????

Posted this in the braking, and handling section but I haven't got many looks, or any answers. I assume this is somewhat computer related so I will post a link to the original thread here. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/340334-how-switch-3-chann-4-chann-abs.html

Matt
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

While it is computer related, it is the wrong computer.
There is a decent amount of wiring and sensors, etc. to convert. Plus I think you would need to convert to TCS as well (meaning you'll need all that hardware). You might just be the first to want to do it, and that's why no one has any solid answers for you...including myself.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You will need the 4 channel rear, ABS computer, TCS engine hardware, and a pcm from a 4 channel car. It is a major project. You should start by purchasing the full set of GM shop manuals and familiarizing yourself with all of the associated wiring. Then you can begin worring about PCM and ABS modules.

I don't think you will want to do it once you realize how big a job it is.

Good luck !
Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

i don't quite know why you would want to.......its not really worth the hassle.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
i don't quite know why you would want to.......its not really worth the hassle.
The main reasoning: My Moser 12 bolt from my 01 T/A is setup for 3 channel opperation w/out ABS. Since I totaled that vehicle, I have purchased a 99 Z28 that has a 4 channel w/TCS setup. However I owner retained the T/A after the accident...So I am putting my engine and rearand, and fuel system from the T/A into the Z28. I'm just not too sure what is the best way to deal with the rearend/abs/tcs stuff. How difficult is it to switch the Moser over to 4 channel w/TCS operation? Can I utilize the sensors that are on the current rearend, that is in the Z? Or should I just say **** it, and delete the ABS/TCS and call it weight reduction?