Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband o2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wideband o2 questions

I am the owner of HP tuners, and i am wanting to purchase a wideband o2 sensor with a permenant guage for my car to help with tuning after the install of my longtubes and true duals and especially for when i get an ls6 intake. I am wondering what is the best product like this. I feel that it is necessary to do, because it will help me tune my car for proper a/f as well as make the most power. Any suggestions on brand of product would be helpfull. Also, I have seen units with only one sensor. How will this work with an x-pipe setup? Will I have to get a set up with two sensors, or do i need to attach the sensor in the x-pipe somehow? thanks for any info provided!

Nathan
Old 06-16-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by natronathon
I am the owner of HP tuners, and i am wanting to purchase a wideband o2 sensor with a permenant guage for my car to help with tuning after the install of my longtubes and true duals and especially for when i get an ls6 intake. I am wondering what is the best product like this. I feel that it is necessary to do, because it will help me tune my car for proper a/f as well as make the most power. Any suggestions on brand of product would be helpfull. Also, I have seen units with only one sensor. How will this work with an x-pipe setup? Will I have to get a set up with two sensors, or do i need to attach the sensor in the x-pipe somehow? thanks for any info provided!

Nathan
A few of the nice/cost effective units are

Innovate Motorsports LM-1
Dynojet Wideband Commander

The WBC is more expensive, but is a little more capable. Either will do the job though.

You will want to place the WBO2 sensor as close to the exhaust port as possible. In the case of long tube headers, put it in the collector. It's not really necessary to have a WB sensor in both sides.

HTH,
Old 06-16-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vote is for he Dyno Jet Comander. I am runing one and it is great. Has a few well worth options. Able to record and down load data. It even can be used to control a few switched outputs to activate upon rpm, ie Nos, Meth. I believe if hooked up in a correct setup it is even able to record boost. Gage has a warning light as well that can be set for either a low or high seting for your A/F.

Comes with everything. Only runs one 02 and I placed mine in my I pipe.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude whats up it's matt. Get the lm-1 and let me borrow it And what year can you tune with the hptuners? I need a tune bad. I'll throw some money your way if youc an tune for 2000. This mail tune from futral can be improved pm me on ksfba.org later
Old 06-17-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh yea you have to buy the I/O package for hptuners to connect wideband up to hptuners.. Check out hptuners.com or whatever it is for info and pricing. I would be willing to help you pay for it.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

would i have to hook it into hp tuners, or can i just adjust my tables in hptuners according to what my wideband o2 guage shows?
Old 06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

would i have to hook it into hp tuners, or can i just adjust my tables in hptuners according to what my wideband o2 guage shows?
No you don't have to use the EIO option, but not using is forces you to log AFR separately and do the offset calculations manually.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was actually just doing some logging tonight, im wondering, is it normal for me to have around 30 - 40 degrees of timing/spark advance while cruising at 70?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

i was actually just doing some logging tonight, im wondering, is it normal for me to have around 30 - 40 degrees of timing/spark advance while cruising at 70?
Yep, perfectly normal. Advance the timing under low load cruise for better mileage.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, i was a bit worried, considering its only around 27 at wot
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Checkout the new one from DynoTune. $299 with remote display!
www.DynotuneNitrous.com

Cheers
Dan