PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do i need for Twin turbo? LC-1 + Pyrometer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i need for Twin turbo? LC-1 + Pyrometer?

Hey everyone i am going to complete my twin turbo'd camaro in a few months and wanted to know what other gauges i need. I already have a fuel pressure gauge and an eboost2. Should i get a pyrometer for the third gauge space in my pillar mount? Is the LC-1 able to handle a turbo app? I am going to go with a megasquirt PCM and should be able to have the LC-1 give me my AFR. I have read a few posts in the FI forum that a wideband may tell you too late(if at all) that you have leaned out so i figured a pyrometer next to the #7 or #8 cylinder(s) would be my best bet since i can watch for a jump in temps. I don't want to clutter my car with too many gauges and if i am logging i can watch the AFR on my laptop(that's why i want the LC-1). Does anyone make a dual EGT guage? I know i have seen a pic of one a long time ago but i forget whose car it was on.

Greg
Old 07-04-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the LC-1 the same as the LM-1 (as far as specs are concerned?) or is one way better than the other? I guess i answered my own question i was just hoping someone would have verified it for me. I will most likely be going with both the LC-1 and a pyrometer.

Greg