Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

logging LTRIM readings - OBD-2 software

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default logging LTRIM readings - OBD-2 software

Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to log LRTIM data on OBD-2 diagnostic software?

Which paramerers are important?
How is this information logged in OBD-2?
Is it necessary to cut and paste the data to MS Excel to average the data?

Thanks...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

What does LTRIM mean, is it long term fuel trims or something similar?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to log LRTIM data on OBD-2 diagnostic software?

Which paramerers are important?
How is this information logged in OBD-2?
Is it necessary to cut and paste the data to MS Excel to average the data?

Thanks...
Which scan software are you using? LTRIM and STRIM are both SAE generic PID's, so they should be supported in all scanners. If the scanner your using doesn't have an average feature than you will have to export the data and use Excel.

HTH
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Veteran

SHRTFT1%
LONGFT1%
SHRTFT2%
LONGFT2%

These are the OBD-2 software parameters that were used by a friend to check the air/fuel/timing curves. As I recall, he belived the readings should be slightly negative.

I'm not sure why software companies such as OBD-2, LS1Edit and others do not provide explainations to helpo users understand their products.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

SHRTFT1%
LONGFT1%
SHRTFT2%
LONGFT2%

These are the OBD-2 software parameters that were used by a friend to check the air/fuel/timing curves. As I recall, he belived the readings should be slightly negative.

I'm not sure why software companies such as OBD-2, LS1Edit and others do not provide explainations to helpo users understand their products.
Those 4 PIDS would get you fuel trim info, but won't help you on timing.

You will also want to log the enhanced FTC, and FTL PID's and not include the datapoints in your average's that have the FTL as 'disabled'.

For timing, you will want the following:

SPARDADV - Generic
KR - enhanced
Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

SHRTFT1%
LONGFT1%
SHRTFT2%
LONGFT2%

Robert, are you using the OBD-2 software from Alex Peper? If so, I have already constructed some Favorites files that will get you the parameters you need for LTRIM and WOT tuning. You need to have the most recent version of the software and of the enhanced LS1 F-body bin file, which you can download from his site. If so, let me know and I'll email you the files.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fran D
Robert, are you using the OBD-2 software from Alex Peper? If so, I have already constructed some Favorites files that will get you the parameters you need for LTRIM and WOT tuning. You need to have the most recent version of the software and of the enhanced LS1 F-body bin file, which you can download from his site. If so, let me know and I'll email you the files.
Fran D,
I would be interested in the favorites you have constructed for Car Code OBD-2. I use it occasionally just for kicks.

z06_pwr@mac.com
Old 07-15-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes I am using the Alex Peper version of OBD-2. I downloaded the latest version of this software two weeks ago.

What is an LS1 F-body bin file?

Is it possible to send these files to me; I need instructions on how to use them, however?

robertbartsch@kpmg.com

Thanks..
Old 07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

What is an LS1 F-body bin file?
Go to his download section and select "GM 5.7L V8 LS1 F body (update 07-18-04)" from the drop-down list on enhanced real time data base streams. If you did the "Complete" install, it's possible that you already have it. Just look for LS1F.BIN with a date stamp of 7/15/04 in your install directory. If it's there, you're OK.

Is it possible to send these files to me; I need instructions on how to use them, however?

I'll send 'em to your email address. To use them, go to "Favourites" on the menu bar (Alex must be a Brit) and select Open to browse to the appropriate file. Then, you're good to go.

Have fun.

Quick Reply: logging LTRIM readings - OBD-2 software