Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech power programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
Problem : people are wondering about HPP3 handhelds and/or the Diablo Predator..

Answer : HPTuners & EFI Live & LS1edit are FAR better and are worth the price

We should make a sticky that has a topic of Tuning software that professionals use and list : Hptuners, efi live, ls1edit and then keep opinions of what is better to the individual that uses whatever software he/she likes. I see so many questions about these things a week its ridiculous
Ok, here is the problem I have, I don't have the time or desire to spend hours tuning it myself with software, and I don't trust some guy at a dyno shop screwing with my pcm. The reason I've stayed with the handheld is it takes less than 20 minutes and I'm done. So, how much time will I be spending if I buy software to tune it myself?

I'd also like to state that when I bought the HPP3 a couple years ago I had no idea there was so much more available, I wasn't as resourceful with the web as I am now and summit and jegs only offer a couple options.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Orange Terror
Ok, here is the problem I have, I don't have the time or desire to spend hours tuning it myself with software, and I don't trust some guy at a dyno shop screwing with my pcm. The reason I've stayed with the handheld is it takes less than 20 minutes and I'm done. So, how much time will I be spending if I buy software to tune it myself?

I'd also like to state that when I bought the HPP3 a couple years ago I had no idea there was so much more available, I wasn't as resourceful with the web as I am now and summit and jegs only offer a couple options.
YES!!! thank you. good points..it is true that these programs instead of the handhelds take a long time to learn and even to tune and make sure your tune is good. The handhelds are an option..i would recommend the Diablo predator handheld rather than the hypertech (my opinion) since the diablo you can email them and ask for a specific tune and they will do it for you
Old 07-21-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
YES!!! thank you. good points..it is true that these programs instead of the handhelds take a long time to learn and even to tune and make sure your tune is good. The handhelds are an option..i would recommend the Diablo predator handheld rather than the hypertech (my opinion) since the diablo you can email them and ask for a specific tune and they will do it for you
Ok, I'm kinda looking at the Vinci one now too, reading good things about it. However, I wanna put the car on the dyno which I plan to do in the next couple months, after all this with the hpp3, maybe I should have them dyno tune it. Still not sure I want some guy messing with it. Any thoughts?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hp tuners will not take long to tune a car at all. just one fast tune will get it all better than hpp3. there are so many spread sheets to export data to to make all the changes for you and you just have to log, copy, paste. if you dont have time get it and there are pleanty of people on here that are more than willing to help and most of the time will shoot you a new tune over in minutes if you send a log file
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VinEEdChiN
hey I was just wondering if this thing (hypertech power programmer III) can do delete codes for the o2 sensors and stuff like that becaue I will be putting on my pacesettes real soon and was thinking about buying this, is this product worth the money, my car is a 98 so that limits the amount of programing products I can buy, any feedback would be very helpful
pm sent.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Terror
You know, I started to write a paragraph to rebutt this, and realized your not worth any more of my time than this.........

I love this newbie responce.... bla bla bla i had something super duper smart to say to you... and it really did not suck... it would have hurt your feelings so bad ...and made you looke like a fool....but i just realised that i dont want to
a. sink to your level.
b. waist my time on you
c. let you figure it out...

tell the truth .... since you just wanna dismiss someone 2 seconds faster then you, that has been helping people on this site for a few YEARS....
you did not write your rebuttle , because there was NOTHING to rebut....

my statements ....

1. hpp3 suck at life..... true
2. REAL tunes are better.... true
3. people who use hpp3 do so because they dont know any better....true
4. water wetter is NOT a mod...... TRUE...

its true , its true... its all true....
its also true that i am an *******..... but i'm an honest ******* thats been doing this **** for a while and if you would stop trying to play internet tough guy , you might learn something....

but you wont... so come on newbie... lets see you AMAZE us with your technical expertise in tuning with the hpp3....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

its funny to watch what unfolds on the net..

you had a point to make that a REAL tune is better...and ALL of the responses have said that. your opinion of the hypertech or any handheld tuner is your opinion..true I also think that they do not prove to be very helpful..however it did lean my car out and gave a little better gas milage..so what hypertech advertises is true.

REGARDLESS, it doesn't take as much time as it seems to learn how to do the basics and get the software to tune yourself.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok that's enough bickering and name calling in this thread....