Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF -closed loop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTF -closed loop?

just put headers, ORY on my car. efilive v5 is sayin im in close loop while im just cruising. i dont have o2 simms and i didnt tune it out with ls1-edit yet...btw, how do you tune that out with ls1 edit?....

WTF,

also running worse than it did before install...is it in pe mode or some goofy ****? HELP!!lol
Old 07-18-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SES light from the ORY shouldn't affect performance. Unless you are commanding open-loop, you should be in closed-loop while just cruising. P/E mode is open-loop. Did you try reseting your trims? Where are they? Are you getting any other codes besides the ones thrown by the rear O2s?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

normal driving you will always be in closed loop unless you turn the car to open loop always

Closed loop uses the O2 sensors to maintain 14.7:1 or so AFR
The rear O2 sensors don't impact performance so they shouldn't matter

As for tuning the rear codes out, in the Engine DTC section you just disabled the codes ... scan the car and see what codes its setting, or just disable anything that says bank 1 sensor 2 or bank2 sensor 2

As for running worse... can't tell anything w/out some logs of what the car's doing and what you mean by running worse... need more details to even try to help
Old 07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoops ..sorry

i ment open loop

i havent done anything with the car in a while...so my tuning and thinking is off
something is off... i gotta go log a bit more
but it doesnt seem to have the power it once did, and it is loosing power and breaking up a lil around 4500ish to 5500 ish...then power comes on again til rev limiter @6200.l i'll check some more things and get back.
its stock with procharger w/ 10 psi, headers, ORY, 42's