PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR turned off, but car still responds like ASR is on.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASR turned off, but car still responds like ASR is on.

Noticed this last night. I was driving the car with the ASR turned off, and I dropped it into a pretty aggressive 2nd gear downshift. Their was a clunking from the rear as if the rear brakes were applying, and the "Low Trac" light came on.

Additionally, later on that night the low trac light would come on with any aggressive 1/2 gear shift. I wasn't able to test it out to see if it would actually bog down from a hard launch, but I don't remember the car ever showing the low trac light when the ASR was switched off.

Last I remember, the car would let you practically kill yourself with the ASR off. What gives? Could this be some type of electrical glitch?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Downshifting really hard makes the car think you skidded, if your foot was touching the brake enough to close the brake switch, which activates the ABS not the ASR. ASR only activates under acceleration.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by technical
Downshifting really hard makes the car think you skidded, if your foot was touching the brake enough to close the brake switch, which activates the ABS not the ASR. ASR only activates under acceleration.
So that means don't downshift like that because it causes the car to do everything except go fast.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

The low trac light will come on if it sees different speeds on the wheels from front to back. It does not mean ASR is on. I have removed the traction control system from my car, but the low trac light will still light up.