Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for those newbs with EFI Live v7...I'm working on

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default for those newbs with EFI Live v7...I'm working on

I'm working on a basic guide that will help you start the basic tuning process from what I have been through.. it will be posted in this post in about a week once I personally try a few other things out. my mods are in my sig and my tweaking has all been tested by myself and my dad personally. I will be visiting Fastlane motorsports in Benson, NC within the next few weeks for a dyno so I can test what I did. I will keep yall informed; This guide will involve leaning your car out and optimizing it for the road. such changes involve the injector flow rate, PE based on RPM, cat protect, and a few other tweaks. My car is a daily driver and I do race it on weekends (not every weekend tho) I had several issues with the car from the factory...running too rich and such..which those wil all be discussed on how to fix. I know that a lot of people have these problems and they are always asking how to fix them. This will be up next week sometime once I dyno

thanks,

stevo.

PS: hope this helps some getting started in tuning

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 08-02-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

careful what you type, some of the things i did for hp tuners made people either scared or really confused lol.

i guess if we dont see a post after you dyno you will be going to the drawing boards again for the tune write up? jk post up in here how it goes. id love to go dyno around here but i hate all the damn shops so they wont get my money
Old 08-03-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

lol, i hear ya man. Yeh, I really can't tell you how much of a newb that I still am. But the thing is that I have solved many of the problems that most stock f-body owners experience. Oh and I remember that you are in charlotte, we will have to get up with each other sometime; I'll be on the UNC charlotte campus here in a few weeks and I will have a car, not the Trans am though , but i'll be pimping the 91 regal custom with white walls and spolk hub caps
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

cool man sounds like a bad *** regal haha why dont you bring down the t/a? hopefully i get my license soon and can resume setting off all car alarms in the parking deck, lol. im sure you know enough to get a good write up. we all start somewhere. i started back in march, didnt think i would learn so much by now lol. when you plan on going to the dyno?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

the regal will beast the 00' TA!!! the good ol 3.8 V6 turbo buick motor.....mods on regal unknown Yeh man, I didn't think that i could learn this much so far...and I have been going to school and hanging with my friends. I don't want to bring the TA up here because of scratches dings and or grudges people might have against me, not that I know of any or have any already..you know how having a nice car around daily goes. Hey, did you notice some hp and tq gains from just getting the GMMG catback exhaust?? I plan on going to the dyno sometime around AUG 9-12 in Benson, NC. which is off of i-95 south
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

ha did i? i went from flowmaster to gmmg and thats when my clutch didnt want to hold the power and finally blew out on a 3rd gear shift lol