PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners with bad 02's...bad???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuners with bad 02's...bad???

I friend of mine did some minor tuning for me with his HP Tuner program. My car is stock except for the free mods. Said he could get me a little more HP. He noticed I was running super rich so he leaned it out. Then he noticed my front 02's were gone....he left it like that and said to bring it back once I replace my 02's for a re-tune. Question is; can I hurt anything my running the car like this?
Old 08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

The question covers alot of ground.

If the OL table is stock, you probably didn't cause any damage (except to the size of your wallet). The stock OL table is a "safe" rich tune so you can get back to the dealer for a raping.

I'm asuming from your sig you don't have LT's. In that case you can just replace your O2's with stockers or what ever your parts store has. If you have LT's or plan to get them in the near future, you may want to consider running the Bosche 13111's (vetter rear o2's).

FWIW - i think he's asking for the O2's so he can dial your VE table in a bit.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still would not romp on it much, driving around under 3K should be just fine, considering you are running rich, but at operating temps, the A/F leans out in open loop to simulate closed loop commanded A/F ratios. And yes it is possible to have a rich low end and lean top end. Just get some O2s ASAP, you need to them to control your fueling.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Sorry guy's, I ment my front 02's are there, but not working. He showed me a graph on his lap top and they were stuck, as in the bar graph was not moving at all. So he turned off my rear 02's and said to get new one's for the front. Can I use the back one's in front? And yeah, I do have the CES light on...