PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is this....P0106 Map/Baro Ckt Range/Perf ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF is this....P0106 Map/Baro Ckt Range/Perf ???

This came up on the scanner at Autozone and I have no idea what it is or the problem. I searched this site and the P0106 code said "Manifold Absolute Pressure system performance" Does anyone know what this is? Anyone have this come up before? Thanks, D.j.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

sounds like your MAP sensor is dead/dying

bump for ya
Old 08-14-2005, 01:18 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep! That happened to me recently. I scanned the map out put and it was stuck at 10kpa and zero volts with the key on. It should read 5.0 volts and 30-60 KPA at idle.

I swapped it out and it's back on track. Apparently that's not a common problem, but they do fail. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where is the map sensor located at on a 02 ta? Is it a part needed from the dealership or autozone part ok?
Old 08-14-2005, 09:12 PM

It's located on the farthest back point of the intake manifold. If you haven't swapped intakes, then it will have a clip that holds it in place. It just presses in with a rubber gromet and has a single (4 prong) plug. It is hidden well and a bit of a pain to access, but doable. I went with the autozone unit myself. It was a Borg Warner item and it was a bit cheaper than the dealer. It's only a pain because you can't see it. I swapped mine out in about 10 minutes, but I had a good feel for it's location after just installing the FAST intake

Good luck!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys. I will get a new one in it soon. I just drove the car and for some reason the A/C will not blow through the vents now. It will only blow air through the floorboards for some reason. Im hoping that this is a vacum problem related to the map sensor and nothing else but I will see. Any one else have that problem and know where to start to fix it?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:15 AM

There is a good chance that the vacuum line that connects to the back of the intake on the passengers side has come loose or damaged. That's a real big coincidence that these two things are happening at the same time. That vauum line on the passenger side does control your a/c vent direction. It could be an easy and cheap fix. Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you so much TXCAMSS.... I stopped and got a map sensor on the way home and spent $57 on it, changed it out. Then I pulled up this thread and seen your advice on the a/c and chaecked the vacuum line and it was loose. I dont know how this happened but it was off the nipple on the back of the intake. Now im wondering if this is what was causing the map sensor to kick the ses light or if just happened to be the 2 problems just happening at the same time.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:16 PM

Man I'm just glad to help. $57.00 is good insurance even if it was just the vacuum line. That MAP sensor provides feedback calculations for a lot of PCM values. Good luck!

BTW- LS1TECH is my best mod too
Old 08-17-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bad news......changed the map sensor and reset the puter to clear the ses light and it did for about 5 min. now its throwing the map sensor code again. WTF could be causing this? The car dosent sound the same at idle now and it dosent seem to run quit like it normally would. Before at idle you could hear the cam pretty good but now it sounds like it has a great big massive cam in it. I dont have any idea whats going on other than my temper rising.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:50 PM

Do you have a scanning device (atap, Hptuners etc)? If so, you need to see what your MAP KPA and voltage is at idle. Make sure you plugged it in solid. It's sometimes hard to get it snapped in secure (both plug and MAP sensor itself). Are you getting any other codes? A big cam will also throw a map / TPS code which requires range to be changed. Lets make sure it's all plugged in and there are NO vacuum leaks first.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have a scanner yet looking to get one soon. The sensor is good inside the intake and plugged up fine as well. I will take it back to autozone to get it scanned again tomorrow. Not sure how good the scanner is they have just tells me what code is showing up. The cam is average size for this website, nothing huge (i can pm you the specs but will not post). It was tuned last november so I wouldnt think that it would just now be an issue but it may.

Quick Reply: WTF is this....P0106 Map/Baro Ckt Range/Perf ???