Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doesnt wanna start when hot

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesnt wanna start when hot

When its cold it starts up perfect without any problems. After it has been running a while and gets hot and I shut it off and it hits for a few minutes and I try to start it, it doesnt wanna start. I crank it and eventually I can get it to start if I crank it and give it a little gas. Anyone know what could be causing this? Its a 2000 with an A4. It actually has a 700R4 temporarely until my 4L60E is rebuilt. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your water temp. sensor working?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Is your water temp. sensor working?
That's what I was wondering.

Have you done any mods lately (head swap, cam install, headers, spark plugs, etc...)?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

My temp sensor appears to be working, I get a temp reading on my gauge. I have done a heads and cam swap yes. I have ported manifolds to match the heads and thats pretty much it. The spark plugs are all new and so are the MSD wires.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Thats the only thing that i can think of.. I had problems with my temp sensor not working. Would start right up when cold, then when its hot, it wont start for ****... Good luck. Maybe get a volt meter and see what volts you are getting. Should be ~ 5 volts.

Are the fans constantly blowing?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Hmmm perhaps that could be the problem then, I will have to check it out and see what I can come up with. Thanks a lot for the help I appriciate it.

Yeah my fans are constantly on and blowing.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Knyghtmare
Hmmm perhaps that could be the problem then, I will have to check it out and see what I can come up with. Thanks a lot for the help I appriciate it.

Yeah my fans are constantly on and blowing.
Constantly on is not good.. First, see if you are getting your ~5 volt (to eliminate a wire issue) (stick a volt meter in the connector). If you are cool. Then just change out the sensor in the driver side head. If that works then cool. Also, get a GM/AC Delco one.

Also, make sure that you are getting a good connection as well. I had bought a new sensor, installed it, and same ****. So, i ended up crimping/squeezing the female connector tighter so it would fit over the male/sensor end. And what do you know, it started working. So, just keep that in mind too. Good luck.